As a former Pre-vet should I put my EC's in my applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenixwbp

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Switched back over to Pre-med (which was what I was thinking about in HS).

I'm currently switched my EC over to human fields (ER Volunteer, EMT-B, etc.), but I'm at a loss as to what to do with the veterinary related experiences I've gathered over the last year and a half. They run the gamut from Field Work with Red Wolves, to an 8 month Equine Hopital internship, to 2 years of volunteering with a wildlife refuge.

A lot of interesting stuff. In a brief discussion with the Pre-med advisor at my University she suggested that I leave most of it off my applications, because it may make a "bad impression."

The problem with this is that it then looks like I've been slacking off the last year and half doing nothing aside from classes.

I'm curious to see what some of the people hear think.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would put it. Just have a good answer in interviews when they ask you why you switched fields. If it's interesting and you dedicated time to it, you should put it in your app IMO.

I think the other poster is right. Those experiences sound incredible, and if you have a good reason for the switch, I think you'll do great!