ASCP Quick compendium Surgical Pathology

Started by gbwillner
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gbwillner

Pastafarian
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have this book? Is it any good? I thought it may be a good addition to Rosai, but I can't find any reviews of it. I'm also at USCAP and they have a good discount, so I'd have to get it today or tomorrow.

Thanks!
 
It is a text (no images) book with quick snippets and summary data. I would look through it and see if it fits your learning style. It is helpful for getting familiar with key facts and associations that the boards like to ask (particular the written questions which ask things like chromosome associations, syndromes, immunostaining patterns, etc).
 
I've got all three compendiums and the companion for the clinical. They are all great books. I usually have google open near me to look up images when they aren't clear in the text. 99% of the time at this point I know what the entity discussed looks like so it's not really an issue, maybe suggesting they are better after you get at least a little comfortable with most lesions' histology. They seem to be great for RISE/Board type questions that always assume you know the histologic diagnosis when they give you a picture and then ask things 3 or 4 steps down the line.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is FANTASTIC for Board review: concise source for all of the inane syndromes, chromosomal abnormalities, and variants they love to test for.