ASCP Review Course

Discussion in 'Pathology' started by danaphosaurus, Dec 16, 2008.

1. danaphosaurus

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am sure people have asked about this before but I was looking for some feedback about the ASCP review course-

2. yaah

yaah Boring
    Administrator Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I didn't take it, but the materials they give you are pretty good (saw someone else's after they came back from the course) - nice powerpoint reviews of different areas. They looked like they would be good for boards study, particularly some of the CP stuff. The quality and completeness of each powerpoint seemed to vary greatly based on the presenter though. From what I hear, it is perhaps not quite as boards-focused as the osler course (although it is still intended to be useful for that purpose) because there is a little more practical info in it.

3. HbyHA

HbyHA Fellowship, take 2.
    2+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

that's funny, i just got the brochure in the mail and was going to start this same thread, but you beat me to it!

4. Path_Anon

Path_Anon New Member
    5+ Year Member

Not bad from what i hear. also great are the extremely-affordable weekends in path hosted by ASCP (usually like 99 bones for residents). Nice high-yield short session from many experts in the field. sorta like a mini-USCAP week of sessions all crammed into a shorter timeframe. plus the next major one is in vegas in feb!

#4 Path_Anon, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008