You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wouldn’t it look bad in a courtroom though?Forensic psych is the only field I can think of where this tattoo might not be a problem.
Interesting how the Reddit responses are almost the exact oppositeLmao he posted the same thing to r/medicine and said keyboard warriors on here got triggered. 🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait that guy is a PD iircLet me introduce you all to Dr. Brosious who is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon!
View attachment 357494
Triggered implies that we have some kind of emotional response to this. Nothing about the situation will affect me or anyone I care about. If he gets the tattoo and makes it through medical school and residency to become a successful doctor, great. We always need more. If he gets the tattoo and gets kicked out of med school or residency. No skin off my back.Lmao he posted the same thing to r/medicine and said keyboard warriors on here got triggered. 🤣
Meh, regardless, the advice in the thread applies to any reader who is seriously considering such tattoosOkay after seeing the pic of the tattoo I am 80% sure this is one of the most effective troll posts I've seen. Shockingly well done.
Sounds like he got triggered by the negative responses and looked for a safe space where people wouldn't criticize him for it lol.
I feel like most of these replies aren't even negative, it's just like hey man that's clearly a bad idea.
I am 100% pro tattoo. To me, it is very normal that someone would decide they want a hand tattoo, and even decide on the gun/knife/skull/weapon/etc content (I have friends that have tattoos of a similar style that cover their entire body excluding their face but including their head).
But what is just very hard for me to believe is that someone would casually say it isn't a hassle to cover by wearing gloves for the majority of their waking hours, say "you wouldn't even notice it" to something you clearly would notice (regardless of if you support it or not), and literally FAKE BREAKING THEIR ARM anytime it needs to be covered. And would refuse to wait a couple of years to possibly prevent potentially harming their entire professional career.
It isn't the tattoo that seems crazy to me, but this amount of mental gymnastics just seems so unlikely.
Probably true! And the hand could be covered for meetings and presentations.How about pathology? Seems like it wouldn't bother anyone getting an autopsy!
Assuming you're not trolling, I have a fully visible forearm tattoo of potentially "violent" imagery (albeit softened by the presence of other non-threatening nature motifs), and no one, patient or attending, has ever said anything negative about it. In fact, if anyone ever comments on it, it's to tell me how cool/pretty/awesome it is. I freely wear short-sleeve scrubs all the time and have occasionally worn short sleeve shirts or rolled up sleeves in clinic. Granted, the city that my school is located in is a heavily tattooed city so me having a tattoo probably didn't even register for a lot of patients. However, I also didn't get any negative comments from patients/attendings during my away rotation in a completely different geographic region either. I was really hesitant to get the tattoo because of how visible it is/what it depicts given the ~*~professionalism~*~ and conservatism of the medical field, but I thought it was more important to me to get the meaningful tattoo I wanted where I wanted it because it'll be with me forever. Medicine is just a job for me at the end of the day, and it won't be there for me as long as my tattoo will. So all that to say, get whatever tattoo you want if it's meaningful for you because it's not likely to hold you back that much if you're professional in other ways.
Real talk though, hand tattoos kinda suck because they fade super quick. The skin on your hands is so different from the skin on the rest of your body, and you use your hands a ton. If you want your tattoo to not fade in like a year, I would skip getting one on your hand.
Real talk though, hand tattoos kinda suck because they fade super quick. The skin on your hands is so different from the skin on the rest of your body, and you use your hands a ton. If you want your tattoo to not fade in like a year, I would skip getting one on your hand.
You’ll also note that the question is framed completely differently in each place lol. Of course you’re going to get very different responses to “have your tattoos ever been an issue” and “should I get an offensive hand tattoo”Lmao he posted the same thing to r/medicine and said keyboard warriors on here got triggered. 🤣
If the premise of this thread had been the first question, then no. So far only complements on my visible tattoo!
While medicine is definitely a more conservative field, I certainly see a lot more ink on people than I used to including on physicians. I personally prefer needles to point away from me towards patients, so not planning on getting anything on me.I'm planning on getting some ink that might be hard to cover up (on hand). It might be a bird, skull, snake, dagger, gun, weapon, etc. Might be one of those or not one of those -- don't want to be too specific.
I know tattoos are probably fine, and I don't care what others think unless it significantly impacts me professionally.
don't look through the reddit post history 💀😱Lmao he posted the same thing to r/medicine and said keyboard warriors on here got triggered. 🤣
All makes sense now. Tbh based on the Reddit history, I’d pay the OP to not operate on me.don't look through the reddit post history 💀😱
don't look through the reddit post history 💀😱
lol, wow. that was a rabbit hole
People think I’m kinda harsh and judgmental on here, but I feel like I’ve got a good sense of sniffing out the crazy and keeping them far away from my patients! There are few things scarier than a bad surgeon with poor judgment.All makes sense now. Tbh based on the Reddit history, I’d pay the OP to not operate on me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bro you got bigger potential work issues than tattoos. Need to lay off the coke.
Certainly some rude comments.. by people with their own sordid pasts no less, but you certainly didn't do yourself any favors OP.
I'm not a regular reddit user. I haven't been able to find his thread. Any suggestions? TIA.lol, wow. that was a rabbit hole
Tried to PM you but doesn't look like your profile is open to view. You may have to PM me first. It will be worth it. This individual's reddit is a real treat.I'm not a regular reddit user. I haven't been able to find his thread. Any suggestions? TIA.
Just don’t view it at Starbucks or a library or somethingTried to PM you but doesn't look like your profile is open to view. You may have to PM me first. It will be worth it. This individual's reddit is a real treat.
A Canadian Goose attacking someone as a tattoo may briefly trigger a fight or flight response in me.I’m curious what kind of birds would be offensive?
Can you PM me as well with that link???Tried to PM you but doesn't look like your profile is open to view. You may have to PM me first. It will be worth it. This individual's reddit is a real treat.