ASDOH - 2ndary appl. HELP!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mrbubbles

si,thats a black squirrel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone..

so i'm having the hardest time answering the "why do u want to go to ASDOH"... i've spent like 1 week trying to answer it..but what is it that they are looking for? yes they like public service and stuff..but i duno... maybe i'm trying too hard.

also..they say "500 word max"..did anyone write tha tmuch?? or did u guys keep it short and concise?

::sigh:: so stressed.

Members don't see this ad.

Well be honest. Let me tell you a bit about the school. Beautiful new facility, state of the art technology, and by far, the greatest sim lab I have seen. They highly stress outreach programs and if you have done that in preparation for dental school, meaning you have examples to back up saying "I am looking to go to this school because my experiences...", then its only a plus to mention it.

Also, they require students to take part 1 of national board exam after first year, I think its a plus.

Second, they only study one subject at a time. Whereas in undergrad they require you to take several courses, here you study one thing, take an exam on it, like biochem and only biochem for two weeks, exam, next subject...

That's a lot of info to reach the word limit, and I'm sure with examples, you would have no trouble at all. Submit that ASAP.

hey, thanx for the response/help. i definitely agree with all that u've pointed out..BUT..i feel that EVERYONE who applies will talk about the benefits of their curriculum (boards after 1st, one subject at at time), so how does that make u stand out?..see i'm overanalyzing again...

help.. slap me plz.

The school is what it is. Advocating certain aspects of the school, things that you like, is not meant to distinguish who you are. Your application, in many of its aspects, volunteering, EC, personal, courses, grades, DAT is what is meant to make you stand out. By pointing out things about the school shows that you have done your research about the school, well in this case, read SDN.

I say again, what will prevent you from getting an interview is how soon you submit that application. Have a good one.