ASDOH Hometown Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arvin14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the Hometown Program with A.T. Still? I read about it on their website but it's vague and there aren't any instructions. Has anyone participated in the program? I heard you're guaranteed an interview at A.T. Still if you do the program.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, I'm doing it. You call Mr. Gary Cloud and he gives you instructions on what to do. I am working at a community health clinic in Mississippi and they wrote a letter for me saying that they would endorse me to go to dental school as long as i return and work for them the same amount of time that they paid for dental school. They go through the National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program.

The whole mission of the dental school is create dentists that will return to undeserved areas that have a shortage of dentists. So they make a special list (according to Mr. Gary) of all those with endorsement letters and they have preference over "regular" applicants. I just found out about this and turned in my secondary application the first early week in January.So I'm still waiting...