ASDOH interview help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabaru2001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I got my first interview from ASDOH and i'em stressed about the interview. Just wanted to get some info on the interview, like what kind of group activity are they talking about. And how bad are the questions they ask, are they psychological questions, if not then what kind of questions. I just want to get a basic idea before going in front of the firing squad.
I'ev read preety bad reviews about the interview so far, has anyone has had a good one yet.
And yeah! do u have to write an essay at the interview or not.
thankx

Members don't see this ad.

From what Ive read and heard, its nothing you can really prepare for. For instance, you could get asked to name 5 countries in Africa and their capitals. Or they could ask you who the Prime Minister of France is. Im sure there are more basic ones, like "name two political parties". Basically, it tests your general knowledge of the world you live in. The only preperation for those types of questions is to have been paying attention during your years on this earth.

Good luck.

gabaru2001 said:
Hi guys,
I got my first interview from ASDOH and i'em stressed about the interview. Just wanted to get some info on the interview, like what kind of group activity are they talking about. And how bad are the questions they ask, are they psychological questions, if not then what kind of questions. I just want to get a basic idea before going in front of the firing squad.
I'ev read preety bad reviews about the interview so far, has anyone has had a good one yet.
And yeah! do u have to write an essay at the interview or not.
thankx

Group activity = they give you a senerio where you and your group are in a life threatening situation and you need to work as a group to decide what steps you will take and what order they should be taken in.

Interview Questions = In all truthfulness they could be anything. Count on some geography, and some current issues. Besides that everything else could be extremely random. (if those afore mentioned were not random enough)

Essay = There is no essay! It has been replaced with a manual dexterity test. Also something that you really can't prepare for so just go in relaxed and have a good time :laugh:

I actually liked the interview process! It was at least pretty creative! Good luck with the interview, I hope everything goes well for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll be fine. The interview is more about evaluating your personality and your ability to work in a group. There are no right answers except to the 5 random questions. Even then, I answered 4 out of the 5 correctly and I wasn't accepted. I got a letter in June saying I was on the waiting list. By then, I had was already waist-deep into Pacific.

thankx for ur replies guys.
about the manual dexterity test, just to get an idea, do they give u some wax to mold into a teeth or what?

:thumbup:
JavadiCavity said:
You'll be fine. The interview is more about evaluating your personality and your ability to work in a group. There are no right answers except to the 5 random questions. Even then, I answered 4 out of the 5 correctly and I wasn't accepted. I got a letter in June saying I was on the waiting list. By then, I had was already waist-deep into Pacific.

Agreed-
I just went to the interview recently. We started with a meet and greet, than moved into the activities and personal 3:1 interview. They have everything organized well and give you an 'appointment' list that tells you when and where you will be doing what.

I don't want to give away any of the questions-but they are not too bad. It did seem as though it was more of a personality test then 'how much you know'.(I got 1 wrong, out of 6, and they laughed when I gave them my 'i don't know but could find out' answer :laugh: ) After all is done they give you a couple of tours where you can see the school and talk to other students. I don't think it is as nerve racking as some say. Everyone was very nice and answered all my questions.

Good luck to you, and remember to relax so that the true you will show. :)

Also while you are there if you have extra time there are a lot of things to do...check the flyers at you hotel. I went to some museums and an arboretum outside of town :thumbup: (that was the highlight for me, I like all the cacti). Tempe is the place to go if you are looking for shows/live music and a night scene.

PS Wear a light weight suit if you are not used to the heat, It seemed really hot to me in the room where our activites were held (they did have us 'remove our jackets and relax')

JavadiCavity,
Do you want to switch place? JK. I was the other way around. I got accepted to ASDOH and was on the waiting list for UOP.
JavadiCavity is right. The interview is more about evaluating your personality and your ability to work in a group. There are a lot of group work activities per module and some of the group's work can make up about 20-30% of your grade. Good luck with your interview.
J.

JavadiCavity said: