ASDOH interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fairlane500

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have an interview with ASDOH on the 22 and I was wondering if anybody can give me any advice. I heard that they ask current events and geography questions can anybody tell me an example or how they phrase them. Any advice helps. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

fairlane500 said:
Hi

I have an interview with ASDOH on the 22 and I was wondering if anybody can give me any advice. I heard that they ask current events and geography questions can anybody tell me an example or how they phrase them. Any advice helps. thanks.

There are several other threads discussing this topic, try a search.

Geography: What is the capital of X? (canada and ethiopia were asked).
Name at least 4 of 6 countries bordering Iraq?

Current events: Why did the US withdraw the American ambassador from Syria? (PM Harriri was killed the previous week).
What long standing regional conflict has recently shown promising sign of improvement? (Israel-Palestine).

Misc: What was the last book you read, and what did you learn from it?
Describe your leadership style?
If your best friend was in the room but you weren't, what would they say your two greatest strengths are? What about weaknesses/failings?

Those are pretty specific questions, and since ASDOH's tentacles have already compromised the interview feedback section, I'm guessing they'll probably try to censor this here too. I'd say something about it being a freedom of speech travesty, but... I just don't have that much invested in it :)

Thanks for your help. I have seen the other threads in the forum but none of them gave that type of information. I really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder what relevance they see in the geography and current events questions. Sure, it's important to keep up with it, but I would probably have no idea on 90% of the questions they asked me. Does that make me a poorer dental applicant? I don't think so.

After my interview and they asked me if I had any questions I was very close to asking them a bunch of questions related to Arizona's Geography that I have a very good feeling that they would have no clue to. Unfortunately I didn't have the balls to do it. I should have asked, What is the capitol of the Navajo Nation, and the Hopi? Who is the leader of the Navajo Nation? Name 4 counties that boarder Yavapai county. Maybe they should look at people who actually have an interest and take the time to learn about the state in which they are planning to live in the next 4 years and hopefully many years after.

I wish I could have these information ahead of time but ERAN76 probably did not see my post :). Mine was the capital of Burma and Australia (I missed the first one and it's Sydney for Australia). Where is Ethiopia? A couple of questions about Shakespear ?????
I think the questions are very random. You can study for it but it is sort of hit and miss. I am currently working for a pharmaceutical company and one of the interviewers was really interested in the drug that my company is making. We ended up spending almost 15 minutes to discuss about the drugs. I don't know if it's good or bad but I haven't heard anything from the school yet.
By the way, did you get accepted to ASDOH, Eran76?

eran76 said:
There are several other threads discussing this topic, try a search.

Geography: What is the capital of X? (canada and ethiopia were asked).
Name at least 4 of 6 countries bordering Iraq?

Current events: Why did the US withdraw the American ambassador from Syria? (PM Harriri was killed the previous week).
What long standing regional conflict has recently shown promising sign of improvement? (Israel-Palestine).

Misc: What was the last book you read, and what did you learn from it?
Describe your leadership style?
If your best friend was in the room but you weren't, what would they say your two greatest strengths are? What about weaknesses/failings?

Those are pretty specific questions, and since ASDOH's tentacles have already compromised the interview feedback section, I'm guessing they'll probably try to censor this here too. I'd say something about it being a freedom of speech travesty, but... I just don't have that much invested in it :)

JustInTime said:
I wish I could have these information ahead of time but ERAN76 probably did not see my post :). Mine was the capital of Burma and Australia (I missed the first one and it's Sydney for Australia). Where is Ethiopia? A couple of questions about Shakespear ?????
I think the questions are very random. You can study for it but it is sort of hit and miss. I am currently working for a pharmaceutical company and one of the interviewers was really interested in the drug that my company is making. We ended up spending almost 15 minutes to discuss about the drugs. I don't know if it's good or bad but I haven't heard anything from the school yet.
By the way, did you get accepted to ASDOH, Eran76?

Accepted? not yet. But I don't think I'd go even if I was. Its expensive but mostly I got a weird vibe from the people in Mesa, the students, and the interviewers. The whole place has guilded facade but seemed to lack substance. When I probed them about how the osteopathic approch from the Kirksville people manifested itself in the dental curriculum, they started giving me some bullsh*t answer, I called them out on it, and they fest-up that its all a load of crap. If the school's guiding principles are just for show, what does that say about the place???

Ethiopia, the capital of which is Addis Ababa (is located in East Africa, to the east of Sudan, near the red sea. I think Somalia was the one I had meant to put down, and that would be in the horn of africa (to the east of Ethiopia) with the capital Mogidishu (of black hawk down fame). I read the NYtimes daily, but I've also got a BA in International Studies. They said I was the only one to ever get all of those questions correct. Could have been just a line, or maybe just that day, but at least I felt good about that.

eran76 said:
When I probed them about how the osteopathic approch from the Kirksville people manifested itself in the dental curriculum, they started giving me some bullsh*t answer, I called them out on it, and they fest-up that its all a load of crap. If the school's guiding principles are just for show, what does that say about the place???

That isn't a problem with the school, persay, but a problem with osteopathy in general. Modern osteopaths are no different than modern allopaths. Osteopathy, more than anything else, is simply a mindset.

eran, i think i was there the day you interviewed, i got those q's right too and i got my acceptance the next day

orangecountyDMD said:
eran, i think i was there the day you interviewed, i got those q's right too and i got my acceptance the next day

Congrats dude! I hope you'll be happy there. Is that where you intend to go?

For myself, I got a bad vibe from the interviewers. Almost like they had already made up thier minds before I got started. The guys never cracked a smile, plus one of them was the pres at our rival fraternity and he said he wouldn't hold that against me (but actions clearly speak louder than words). Oh well, I don't think my outspoken arse would have fit in well anyway. Or maybe it was the cannibalism :) Some people just can't take a joke I guess.

eran76 said:
...but mostly I got a weird vibe from the people in Mesa, the students, and the interviewers. QUOTE]

eran76- I felt the same way when I interviewed there...
was your interview first of march?

eran76- I felt the same way when I interviewed there...
was your interview first of march?[/QUOTE]

Nope, Friday Feb. 18th. But hey, its all the same ****.