ASDOH interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Mesa, AZ wanna go out and get dinner/drinks tonight? I just flew here today and thought it'd be fun if us people interviewing at ASDOH this Tuesday got together tonight or Monday night before our interviews and had some fun...it will help ease the stress.

Members don't see this ad.

If I wasn't drowning in 800 ppt slides for my exam, I'd come say hello. You're probably just up the street. Good luck Tuesday! Don't eat anything greasy for breakfast or you'll be dropping pegs all over the place.

Anyone in Mesa, AZ wanna go out and get dinner/drinks tonight? I just flew here today and thought it'd be fun if us people interviewing at ASDOH this Tuesday got together tonight or Monday night before our interviews and had some fun...it will help ease the stress.

Hello! Did your interview go well??

Could you update us on how it went? Was it as stressful as people say it is?....

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Asdoh is my #1 school. How many volunteer hours did you have? What was it like?

I interviewed at ASDOH with Cofo yesterday! The interview was definitely a higher stress level than other interviews. The questions were more in depth and they made us do group presentations.

I had about 400 volunteer hours going in.

I interviewed at ASDOH with Cofo yesterday! The interview was definitely a higher stress level than other interviews. The questions were more in depth and they made us do group presentations.

Amberena, my new ginger buddy! Haha, had fun meeting you yesterday.
I haven't interviewed anywhere else, but I felt the interview at ASDOH was normal/what I was expecting (it wasn't stressful to me, but I guess it depends on your attitude going into the interview). I had about 1000 volunteer hours going in. The group interview was fun.

Hi! I'm not applying this cycle but ASDOH is definitely a top choice school for me. Can you elaborate on the group presentations aspect of the interview? And what specifically was more "in-depth" about the questions they asked? I've heard that they like to ask questions about current events and books you read for fun -- true?

I had a couple hypothetical questions about what you would do in certain moral situations. I didn't have any current event or book questions. My interview was conversational and focused on why I want to be a dentist and what characteristics make me stand out.

The group part was easy. We got put in groups of four and were asked some sort of question about how to improve access to dentistry or how to get your patients to be more compliant. We had ten minutes to discuss our ideas and then had to do a two minute presentation.

The students and faculty are all positive and enthusiastic, though. Some people said their interviews were intense, but I thought mine was fine. The interview panel likes to keep all applicants on their toes.

Those of you that have interviewed at ASDOH did you bring anything with you? Resume, app, etc?

Anyone interviewing on the 27th in the AM??? It would decrease the anxiety somewhat to see a familar face/user name.

Those of you that have interviewed at ASDOH did you bring anything with you? Resume, app, etc?

Anyone interviewing on the 27th in the AM??? It would decrease the anxiety somewhat to see a familar face/user name.

You don't have to bring anything.

Is roughly 380 hours of various community service sufficient for ASDOH? I'm somewhat of a non-trad applicant and have about that many volunteer hours over the last 3 years, though not all of them are medical/dental related.

howd your interview go - was it as stressfull as you thought?