ASDOH or OHSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASDOH or OHSU

• ASDOH

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • OHSU

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mint chiclet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently got into ASDOH and OHSU. I have no idea which school is better. Which school gives you better clinical experience? Which school prepares you better for the boards? Which school prepares you better to become a general dentist and which school prepares you better to specilize?

Honestly - I just want to know which school gives you more overall opportunity...I dont care about money or city...someone please just give the inside word on which school they've heard is better ; )

thanks gang!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I recently got into ASDOH and OHSU. I have no idea which school is better. Which school gives you better clinical experience? Which school prepares you better for the boards? Which school prepares you better to become a general dentist and which school prepares you better to specilize?

Honestly - I just want to know which school gives you more overall opportunity...I dont care about money or city...someone please just give the inside word on which school they've heard is better ; )

thanks gang!

You will become a dentist no matter which school you choose to go to. You will have to work hard at both to do well, and prepare for the boards. I think the biggest factor would be, where would you rather live at?
Oregon or Arizona?

Portland is a nice city, Arizona is closer to Vegas (if you had time).

Put both names in a hat, and pick out a school, and if you are hesatent go to the other school. Decision Made.

Members don't see this ad :)
I refer you to Rule 4a of the pre-dental forum.

Dude armorshell, you have over 2000 posts, Isn't it time to get out and off SDN?!!! I admit I was on here quite a lot for about a week or so, but don't you get tired of living on the internet?!! The real world awaits!!!!!

So do people not research schools before applying for them nowadays?

I have a classmate at ASDOH that transferred here after 2 years at OHSU. I'll ask him what he thinks...

Thank you Gavin. Your classmate's perspective would be helpful. =)

Does anyone have anything positive or negative to share about ASDOH or OHSU?

Does anyone have anything positive or negative to share about ASDOH or OHSU?

My brother goes to OHSU and doesnt really like it, he looked into transferring.