• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

?

• continuing to consider your application

Votes: 37 92.5%
  • thanks but ... no thanks

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

eldirty

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
What news did you receive in you post-interview envelope?

eldirty

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling that no one has gotten a post-interview rejection letter...

For all we really know they could just be sending these further consideration letters out to everyone.

looks like you might be right about that assumption

Valleyfornia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
anyone know how many people ASDOH is interviewing this year? and how many acceptances they give out?

About the Ads

AFdentalgirl

Hello
10+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2008
Status (Visible)
i asked at my interview and was told they probably interview more than 400 people (they have done over 200 so far), and accept 97 for a class size of 68.

DentalChoo

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I doubt that anyone who received the rejection letter would want to participate in this poll, so it may not be accurate.

DentalChoo

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
haha, external I already knew about you.....but I haven't seen anyone else post about the rejection letter since you did...not everyone is as brave as you and you have nothing to worry about with all those interviews

jstott1

10+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Last year I was in the top group along with many others that never got accepted. I would just take their letter and throw it in the garbage, because that's about what it's worth.

Onix

Viper never dies
Jul 27, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I am bumping up this thread from last year. The original number of votes for this thread are
15 votes for considering
1 vote for no thanks.

I received a letter like that from them. which basically says that they are considering my applications.

Has any 2010 cycle applicant received a letter like that?

bree12

10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i also was sent a "still considering" letter. im curious how many people receive the other letter.

Soda

Jul 12, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I asked, and they told me it's about 10% of those who interviewed which will receive the rejection letter before Dec 1st.

NguyenDDS

Nov 15, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Thought this thread would be interesting to those who interviewed at ASDOH even though its old :)

Logs

7+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2011
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Haha, I just realized its old. I often don't even look at the dates. Thanks for letting me know its old.

dantemac

10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
The same thing is still going on this year, though. They will be sending out letters either rejecting you or saying you are still in the applicant pool for the pre-Dec interviewees.

BTW, this year the lady at ASDOH said they are interviewing 350-400 and giving out 105 acceptances for a class of 76.

NguyenDDS

Nov 15, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
The same thing is still going on this year, though. They will be sending out letters either rejecting you or saying you are still in the applicant pool for the pre-Dec interviewees.

BTW, this year the lady at ASDOH said they are interviewing 350-400 and giving out 105 acceptances for a class of 76.

Also, and if I remember correctly, she also said 45 acceptances will be given out on Dec. 1.

dantemac

10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I'd like to also suggest that the estimate of 350 people interviewed is a little low. In previous years it's always been 450+. Their interview pool is very competitive.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.