ASDOH vs Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manifesto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you could only go to one interview, which would it be?

I am not interested in specializing, but I am very interested in getting into a GPR/AEGD, clinical practice, and noncompetitive/easy-going time (priorities listed in this order).

Members don't see this ad.

Ohio has a realllllly high percentage of being accepted with an Interview, that's a safer option.

Well I know nothing about Ohio State, but I just interviewed with ASDOH today and they are definitely very big on making very clinical and community compliant dentists. The reason I actually applied there was because the people from the community clinic I volunteered said that the students from ASDOH were experts in the clinic, at least compared to OHSU (the Oregon one). Talking to the students it does not seem to be competitive with each other; over half of the last class went on to specialize (over 30 to Oral Surgery!). At least in the first year, they only do one class at a time for 1 to 3 weeks as opposed to five classes at a time. I feel that that may make it a little more easy-going, but to each is own.