ASDOH "yes" and "no" list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissingPolaris

Cemetoenamel Junction
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just interviewed with ASDOH not too long ago. During the interview, they mentioned about the "yes" and "no" list. anyone knows approx. how many will be on their "yes" list this year? I know they send rejection letters fast if they don't want you. Last year, they had about 80 something plp on the "yes" list. According to them, they will decide which list you are on after the interview. Then, they will rank all the plp on the "yes" list and send out acceptance letters starting from the top of the list. Last year, they had to go thru the whole "yes" list in order to fill their class. For that reason, they said they will expand the list this year.

Haven't checked my mailbox for few days so I have not received that thin rejection letter yet...and hope it won't happen...:)

Members don't see this ad.

My rejection letter was post-marked just after my interview and the letter was dated some time in late November when I received it - meaning that they had made up their mind right after the interview and just held onto the rejection letter. So yes, it seems they are pretty quick with building their 'yes' and 'no' lists although they are not very quick to notify applicants of their status. Best of luck! :luck:

The school says you get a rejection letter, if you get one that is, within 30 days of your interview. In fact, today is the 31'st day I have gone w/out a rejection and remains to be the only positive thing I have to hold onto at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
PDizzle said:
The school says you get a rejection letter, if you get one that is, within 30 days of your interview. In fact, today is the 31'st day I have gone w/out a rejection and remains to be the only positive thing I have to hold onto at this point.

Question for ASDOH applicants:

My application was forwarded from Kirksville to ASDOH six weeks ago and it has been about that long since I competed their secondary application, but have yet to hear a word. If I was going to be rejected wouldn't I have heard something by now? In the same respect, though, if I was going to get an interview wouldn't I also have heard something by now too? I've completed my other 4 interviews already so ASDOH is the only school I'm waiting on. Any ideas ?

djktennis said:

My application was forwarded from Kirksville to ASDOH six weeks ago and it has been about that long since I competed their secondary application, but have yet to hear a word. If I was going to be rejected wouldn't I have heard something by now? In the same respect, though, if I was going to get an interview wouldn't I also have heard something by now too? I've completed my other 4 interviews already so ASDOH is the only school I'm waiting on. Any ideas ?

Well, as far as the 30 day thing, that is after your interview. I do not know about getting rejected pre-interview.

Another thing they told us is that they only fill 50% of their class (27 people) on Dec 1st unlike other schools who fill up to 80% or so. Most, if not all, schools have rolling admissions but AZ seems to "roll" even longer and keep spots open later then most schools so there is time for you.

djktennis said:

It takes about 2-8 weeks after secondary to hear back from them. Don't worried, just wait a little longer.

djktennis said:

I believe they've received over 3,000 applications already at this point in the cycle, so I think they're just swamped. Your interview may still be coming!