Ashp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwakster928

A Legal Drug Dealer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone involved in local student chapter of ASHP? It seems like APhA is more popular among my peers, but we are slowly getting more members as years go by. if you are in it, how active are you? I am currently the president-elect of my student chapter. I am still in learning process, but if there is any veterans who want to share some ideas about possible activities and ideas, please do so. Happy studying. woo hooo.

Members don't see this ad.

kwakster928 said:
Anyone involved in local student chapter of ASHP? It seems like APhA is more popular among my peers, but we are slowing getting more members as years go by. if you are in it, how active are you? I am currently a president-elect of my student chapter. I am still in learning process, but if there is any veterans who wants to share some ideas about possible activities and ideas, please do so. Happy studying. woo hooo.

APhA is the umbrella organization of all the organizations. It claims to represent everyone in the profession. ASHP (Health-Systems Pharmacists) generally takes care of the hospital and HMO system pharmacists. Look at the difference between their publications.

Whatever you do, offer beer. It seems to work just fine for the frats.

Congratulations (and condolences) on your election as a freshman!!! Good luck managing it. Although APhA is nice, ASHP has a much stronger connections bit (particularly at Temple and PCP) and that will get you into any residency, period.

CSHP UOP chapter president. Not affiliated with ASHP cause they wanted us to do a seperate membership drive for ASHP. No one in their right mind will fork 100 dollars for both membership.

Check it out. PSSHP.org

Members don't see this ad :)
I just joined ASHP at my school. I'm looking forward to becoming involved!

I am the ASHP jr liaison at our school.

Our school has an umbrella organization, UPPOW(unified pharm professionals of washington) which is really nice b/c we pay a flat 85 membership (the remaining $35 portion/each student is subsidized by our Dean) and we get membership to all major 4 organizations..

Every year we have the ASHP residency talk, where we have a practioner/board member from ASHP come in and explain the logistics of applying for residencies. Basically a how to for 3rd and 4th years

This year I'm proud to announce the first annual installment of the ASHP Residency Q & A, a new event, which will be a roundtable with local residents from different hospitals, to gain 1st & 2nd Yr interest in residencies.

We also hold the annual clinical skills competition, and are looking at doing a pain management seminar this year, as well as a Poision prevention day where pharm students attend local elementary schools to warn kids about common household products/things they should NOT be ingesting...

hope that helps.. if you need anymore ideas.. just give me an email

[email protected] :)