China and Eastern Asia Asian Summer Interships for M1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Makati2008

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a M1 US Medical student I am wondering if there are any countries in Asia that offer summer internships for us? I prefer Korea,Singapore, China, the Phils(been there several times) and Japan. All other countries in the region will be considered as well.

I am african american and I am looking for those areas that would be receptive to me as well.
 
Smaller schools in the PI will definitely be receptive if approached by a US student in a professional manner.

If you learned anything from your previous visits to the PI, then you should be able to handle that with a few e-mails and phone calls.

Start with the school websites and be clear and simple with your request. You are looking for a 1st year clinical experience.