Ask a Dental Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kkae

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I happen to have some down time before I kick things off for finals. I want to dedicate some time to answer pressing questions about Dental School or the application process that you might have.
I'll TRY to answer all questions, and to the best of my ability. PM me if you like.

Shoot! (and don't forget to check out my links)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! To start do you mind saying where you go to Dental School and what year your in?

Was any part of dental school a surprise? What part of it should one take time to prepare for, especially those who lack confidence in themselves to efficiently perform in a fast-paced learning environment? I'm in no way trying to be a gunner, but it would be nice to get a heads up.

Thanks for taking a chunk of your time to help us out!

Members don't see this ad :)
Put it this way, I knew from the get go that Dental School would be tough but you really don't know until you're actually in it. What came as a surprise was the extra long hours that one has to spend studying just to keep up with all the work. I average 21 hr days with about 3 hrs sleep to none at all.
Eventually though you fall into a pattern/routine and it becomes easier to manage.

Depends on which school you go to. It's either going to be tough, or the hardest thing you'll ever have to do. Some people will take a little longer to get use to the schedule and curriculum, some will adapt right away. Either way, once you guys get accecpted, go wild on your break!!! Have some fun before school starts!!

What school do you attend, what year are you in?