You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ask anything
Started by Ultrafear
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are programs that offer high school students a guaranteed spot in their medical school through combined undergrad and medical school programs such as PLME better than the traditional method of applying and getting into med school?
Sometimes. If you get into a good one, it relieves a lot of stress. But most people don't go that way and do fine.
These are really noob-ish questions:
When in your academic timeline do most people take the MCAT? Is it like the ACT where you take it in your junior year?
When in the timeline do you apply for medical schools? Is it like high school, where you apply in the summer/fall of your senior year?
When in your academic timeline do most people take the MCAT? Is it like the ACT where you take it in your junior year?
When in the timeline do you apply for medical schools? Is it like high school, where you apply in the summer/fall of your senior year?
Cant buy you beer.
I don't know anyone who has done the "undergrad/med" combined thing, so I'm assuming it's not too common.
Im Pre dent with 3.92 gpa and 22AA DAT
I probably sleep more than you do at night
People generally apply to med/dent the summer before their senior year. Most people have taken the MCAT/DAT before then. I took mine in April.
I don't know anyone who has done the "undergrad/med" combined thing, so I'm assuming it's not too common.
Im Pre dent with 3.92 gpa and 22AA DAT
I probably sleep more than you do at night
People generally apply to med/dent the summer before their senior year. Most people have taken the MCAT/DAT before then. I took mine in April.
Did you enjoy your first year of college?
Ask a senior in college anything and he has to respond truthfully.
"What makes you so special to start this thread?"
People generally apply to med/dent the summer before their senior year. Most people have taken the MCAT/DAT before then. I took mine in April.
I'm confused about the testing time for your MCAT/DAT, are you meaning Junior in Highschool or Junior in college? I'm guessing you meant college, but just want to make sure.
People generally apply their senior or junior years of college. If you apply your senior year, you're gonna take 1 gap year before entering med school. If you apply your junior year, you'll enter med school right after college ends.
The MCAT can be taken any time before you apply, sometimes even after you apply if you're in a weird situation, it'll just delay your application. Generally people take their pre requisite courses for the MCAT (biology, chem, physics, organic) and then take 2-3 months to review and study before taking the exam. For example if you finish your pre requisites sophomore year, you can take your summer break before junior year to study and take MCAT before college stars back up again.
The MCAT can be taken any time before you apply, sometimes even after you apply if you're in a weird situation, it'll just delay your application. Generally people take their pre requisite courses for the MCAT (biology, chem, physics, organic) and then take 2-3 months to review and study before taking the exam. For example if you finish your pre requisites sophomore year, you can take your summer break before junior year to study and take MCAT before college stars back up again.
I'm confused about the testing time for your MCAT/DAT, are you meaning Junior in Highschool or Junior in college? I'm guessing you meant college, but just want to make sure.
Do you know which DO schools have their own affiliated hospitals vs. which have rotations in the community? ThanksAsk a senior in college anything and he has to respond truthfully.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 6K