Asking for a friend? Is he getting scammed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothmagic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend graduate DS last year. He is working as an associate right now, and that person started to pay 3k biweekly, for 2 months, then collection...25%, but his first collection paycheek came right just before covid happened, and now he is back at the 3k because the clinic closed and he was moved to another clinic.

In the new clinic (he is printing all this info up..) he has "produced" since May... it says Y-T-D, 130k...

He asked why he is getting 3k bi-wikly and they told him the insurances haven't 100% approve, I truly don't understand.

The owner told him he is giving him 3k until he makes enough $$$, which of course will be deducted from the collection paycheek? I am assuming.

This freaked me out because I don't know anything so, what are the most knows? Are they stealing from him?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Production does not = collections.

Reactions: 3 users
Learn some of the business lingo, get a lawyer to look at a contract before you sign, negotiate and have it on paper not word of mouth

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend graduate DS last year. He is working as an associate right now, and that person started to pay 3k biweekly, for 2 months, then collection...25%, but his first collection paycheek came right just before covid happened, and now he is back at the 3k because the clinic closed and he was moved to another clinic.

In the new clinic (he is printing all this info up..) he has "produced" since May... it says Y-T-D, 130k...

He asked why he is getting 3k bi-wikly and they told him the insurances haven't 100% approve, I truly don't understand.

The owner told him he is giving him 3k until he makes enough $$$, which of course will be deducted from the collection paycheek? I am assuming.

This freaked me out because I don't know anything so, what are the most knows? Are they stealing from him?

Thank you!!

Is this $3K for part-time work? If he is full time he should leave. 3,000 for a dentist is way to low

Reactions: 1 users