1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Asking for a letter

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Primerdimer, May 6, 2008.

1. Primerdimer

5+ Year Member

So in my school the quarter is about half way done and I'm doing pretty great in a bio class. I've went to office hours twice so far and asked 8-9 questions each time. I plan on going to office hours 3-4 more times before the end of the quarter.
    I still feel like the teacher doesn't know me that well (and I'm not sure how to randomly throw in the fact that I'm applying to dental school and my interest for dentistry). Do you guys have any suggestions as to how to get a good letter besides going to office hours and asking questions and getting a 4.0 in the class? I was thinking of saying something like "so dr.xxx how did you get involved in biology" so we could chat about something besides class material but I have a feeling that line is used all the time..lol.

Appreciate any suggestions.

2. sl2obel2ts

sl2obel2ts i like tomatoes
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    go to office hours and make sure he knows you. and ask the prof if he can give you advising or something. that's what i did. I told my profs that my current advisor sucks, really mean to me, can you help me with my career plan? talk about dentistry. do well in class, and just walk up to the prof after you receive grade and ask straight up, "can you write me a positive letter for dental school?" all my profs said yes without hesitation, except this one prof who gave me a B+. darn