Asking for a LoR from my pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeSill

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will it be good to ask for a LoR from my pharmacist? I work at one of the Big 2. I've called out a lot to the point they cut all my hours so I had to call other stores to see if they needed help. I've also been late several times. Apart from the call outs and lateness, I believe I'm a pretty good tech. Customers often give me good ratings for my customer service. I've gotten recognized as well in my district for my customer service. Should I still ask my pharmacist for a LoR? I need a work related LoR for something I'm applying for.

Members don't see this ad.

You've called off so many times that they cut your hours? And been consistently late... No.

Reactions: 1 user
It doesn't matter what the customers think, if you call out all the time your boss hates you as an employee. This is evidenced by the fact that they stopped scheduling you. Don't dare ask for a LOR.

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't matter what the customers think, if you call out all the time your boss hates you as an employee. This is evidenced by the fact that they stopped scheduling you. Don't dare ask for a LOR.

I agree. If they do for some reason agree to write your LOR, it'll be a bad one. Don't do it.

OP you don't seriously think they'd give a good recommendation after they cut ALL of your hours?... they are trying to get you to quit.

Isthisrealife

Reactions: 1 users
If you're applying to pharmacy school, it's fine to ask because no matter how bad the LOR turns out, you will get in.

customers giving u good ratings? Anyone with decent brain cells for analysis will wonder, how can u provide any good customer service or any service at all in your absence? when other ppl bust their anal and coccyx working extra hard and extra stressful for your "good ratings?" its like a secret shopper going to Safeway and say this technician was pointing fingers where items are located, instead of walking them to the aisle. then Oh wait. the schedule did NOT show that the technician came in to work that day. how can he point fingers or walk anyone?

It's not fair to others scheduled to work around your absence; the lasting impression is not favorable regardless of how good of a technician you are/were. I wouldn't ask for a LoR if I were you; lack of reliability & inconsistency are far from desirable traits in a "do more with less" work environment.

If this letter is for pharmacy school, I can't believe someone can be this irresponsible. Pharmacy is a small world, everyone knows everyone. Years from now, you may be interviewing for a pharmacist position. Someone you work with now may be in charge of hiring and remember you as the person who was late and called out all the time.

Old habits die hard. If you are not dependable now then you probably won't be in the future. At least that's what employers think.

you can be a **** tech and still get good reviews from customers if you sweet talk to a few of them...

It's not fair to others scheduled to work around your absence; the lasting impression is not favorable regardless of how good of a technician you are/were. I wouldn't ask for a LoR if I were you; lack of reliability & inconsistency are far from desirable traits in a "do more with less" work environment.

Agreed. I would much rather have someone who sucks dependably than a superstar who constantly hangs us out to dry.

Apart from the call outs and lateness, I believe I'm a pretty good tech.

Clown.

If you asked for a LoR from me I would absolutely hammer you but at least I would be honest and say I would give you a strong LoR... letter of repudiation

Will it be good to ask for a LoR from my pharmacist? I work at one of the Big 2. I've called out a lot to the point they cut all my hours so I had to call other stores to see if they needed help. I've also been late several times. Apart from the call outs and lateness, I believe I'm a pretty good tech. Customers often give me good ratings for my customer service. I've gotten recognized as well in my district for my customer service. Should I still ask my pharmacist for a LoR? I need a work related LoR for something I'm applying for.
Call outs and late which means you have no respect or care for your job. You will be a sh*tty pharmacist as well. Can't stand people like you. Sorry for being harsh lol Pharmacist or tech it's a job. Basic thing is to come to work on time and not call out.

It's true. Most people will look at you favorably if you try your best, even if you aren't the best at your job. But if you call off and show up late it really doesn't matter how great you are. Especially in pharmacy where a call off can put you behind for the next 2 days.

If you're applying to pharmacy school, it's fine to ask because no matter how bad the LOR turns out, you will get in.
It matters. If some one will say in the letter "I don't recommend ", they will deny application without giving a chance for an interview

It matters. If some one will say in the letter "I don't recommend ", they will deny application without giving a chance for an interview

Haha, maybe at state institutions and decades old private institutions.

Call outs and late which means you have no respect or care for your job. You will be a sh*tty pharmacist as well. Can't stand people like you. Sorry for being harsh lol Pharmacist or tech it's a job. Basic thing is to come to work on time and not call out.

Meh, I'm 30 minutes late every day.