1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

asking for LOR by email

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by alphaDDS, Mar 8, 2007.

1. alphaDDS

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    is it most appropriate to ask an old science professor in a different city who probably doesn't remember me for a letter through email or in some other way?

i know, ideally i wouldn't have to ask him at all, but it looks like i'm going to need his letter none the less. i received an A in his class and i think if i had the chance to talk with him he would write a decent letter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If you don't think he will remember you if you call, I see no problem with it. The worst he could do is say no.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dizzle23x

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    i'd do the same thing but that's just me

4. SummaryRuled

SummaryRuled SummaryRuled
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thats what i did. I was living in NY and went to school in Cali. I asked a teacher from a huge lecture who had no idea who i was. He didnt want to say he didnt remmeber me so he wrote me a great LOR. It worked out well.