Asking for more info after acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsims2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted into VCOM-LA and although I am still holding out for another A before I make a decision, I want to do some thorough research on the school. During the welcome session they gave us a ton of info but did not share that particular PowerPoint with us. Would it be appropriate to ask for that slide or more info on rotation sites, curriculum, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Totally appropriate to ask for more information. Placing a large deposit is nothing to take lightly so be sure you are comfortable with spending 4 years at a school. But be sure you put all your questions in a list and ask them once. You don't want to nickle and dime them with questions, that would get annoying.

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely ask more questions, and have you asked in the school-specific thread yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would but it’s a newer school so it’s questions that no one would really be able to answer.

Just because no one has actually rotated yet doesn’t mean they might not have information about it. Some schools host monthly Deans meetings where they give lots of information to current students.

We were given extensive info on curriculum, rotation sites, etc at OMS-1 orientation for example.

I would but it’s a newer school so it’s questions that no one would really be able to answer.
VCOM-Auburn second year student here;

we definitely know more about La than you might realize. Idk what questions you have but I am more than willing to field them. Just send me a DM. What I don’t know, you can ask about in an email to the office of admissions

VCOM-Auburn second year student here;

we definitely know more about La than you might realize. Idk what questions you have but I am more than willing to field them. Just send me a DM. What I don’t know, you can ask about in an email to the office of admissions
shouldnt you be doing OMM

• Haha
I was recently accepted into VCOM-LA and although I am still holding out for another A before I make a decision, I want to do some thorough research on the school. During the welcome session they gave us a ton of info but did not share that particular PowerPoint with us. Would it be appropriate to ask for that slide or more info on rotation sites, curriculum, etc?
Did you happen to email them about the PowerPoint/additional info? If so, what all did they share with you?

100% OK to ask. If they're unwilling to share, that would raise an eyebrow with me, at a minimum.

Did you happen to email them about the PowerPoint/additional info? If so, what all did they share with you?
My apologies, I just saw this. They sent me the powerpoint about the rotation sites and answered the specific questions I had about the curriculum.

Reactions: 1 users
where is vcom LA rotating?
Not sure if they are set in stone, pretty sure they aren't. But they give a list of the potential affiliates. Pretty sure its just the medical centers in LA and some in the Appalachian region. I honestly didn't look into it because I got accepted into one of my top DO choices.