Asking for more shadowing days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellatha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, a dentist is letting me shadow her this Monday; when asking dentists to shadow, is it a good idea to tell them as soon as you call or visit their office for more days, or should you wait till during your first shadowing day to ask if you could come again?

Members don't see this ad.

Go in on monday and when you're leaving they will likely offer for you to come back anytime etc. If not just ask if you can come a couple more times..or regularly.

Reactions: 1 user
I would probably wait until you're in the middle of your day to set up a shadowing arrangement that works for both of you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would def ask later in the day. You can usually tell if they like you enough to have you in another couple days or if they'd find it troublesome to have you come in more. And if you can't tell, just ask towards the end of the day. Plus, you might not like the office/people for whatever reason, so I wouldn't over commit to this one dentist from the get go until you at least shadow the first day. Play it be ear to be safe!

Reactions: 1 user