ASOPRS Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txkiwieyes

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to start a new thread for those of us who are applying for ASOPRS for the starting date of 2013! Just turned in my application and sent in the required documents!

I've been speaking to a few of my attendings who say there are many programs who already have candidates in mind (even before the match). Anyone know if this is true?

Please update this thread when you start getting offers for interviews and I will do the same!!

Good Luck the the hopeful ASOPRS bound! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for starting the thread.

Nice work getting the application in, I'm just starting the CAS!

I'm sure some programs have unofficially picked their fellow, but I'd be surprised if that's the majority. Plus, there's still a few months to piss off their attendings, and have someone new swoop their spot!

Good luck to all!

So far have only heard from IOWA (who has decided to accept someone internally), and Allure.

Anyone else hear anything yet? I'm getting really nervous! :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to 8. Have heard from 6 so far. One contacted me earlier this week so hang in there, offers are still coming!

I appreciated the honesty from Iowa. Some may criticize what they've done in bypassing the match but in the end it would've been the same result and they've saved candidates from a futile interview.

Hey All,

Applied to 15

Declined: Iowa, Allure and U-Dub
Interview: Wilmur, UCSF, Albany, MEEI (pseudo)
Heard from...Austin, Nashville

Hoping to hear from other peeps and hopefully from the rest of the programs.

Good Luck :thumbup:

Internal: iowa, north carolina

Interviews sent:
ucsf
umich
albany
u seattle
Allure
eyesthetica
casey
wilmer
meei