ASTRO: How stringent are they?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radoncmonkey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For obvious reasons, I'd love to be able to have an abstract accepted at ASTRO. However, I don't have much time before the deadline and am busy with other rotations and things. I have a few options including interesting case reports and maybe some retrospective stuff that is unique, but only a handful of patients. My question is, how likely is it that an abstract of this nature would get accepted to ASTRO? Anyone had any experience submitting a very small project or a case report..I'm just looking for a poster out of this and the possibility to go to ASTRO. Thanks. Da monkey.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure a case report would fly. If you have 10 or so cases of something very rare, then you could probably get a poster out of it. Honestly, it seems to be a bit random and depends somewhat on what area you're submitting in. If your choices are submitting something that you're unsure about and submitting nothing, though, I would submit. The worst they can do is turn you down.