Astro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neutron reaper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody presenting at ASTRO this year or going just for the experience?
:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Same here...have a poster and thought it might be a good experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the dress like for ASTRO? Wear a tie? I've never been to a conference before! Thanks.

depends what youre doing. Suit if talking. Jacket and casual if meet and greeting. Some get more casual but if youre networking, take it seriously.

What's the dress like for ASTRO? Wear a tie? I've never been to a conference before! Thanks.

It ranges from business casual to more dressy (e.g. wearing a suit). For guys, a dress shirt and slacks will do, tie is optional. Don't wear jeans and a t-shirt (unless you're a Ph.D. in physics, then you can probably get away with it...). You should be a little more dressy (jacket and tie) if you're presenting or meeting/greeting, as stephew outlined. If you're interviewing, then a conservative suit is recommended.

Since the meeting's in LA, you're expected to wear chic sunglasses at all times, even while indoors, and even if you're presenting. :cool:

Does anyone know how transportation works between our hotel and the convention center? I know it's provided by ASTRO, but how do we arrange a pickup?

Does anyone know how transportation works between our hotel and the convention center? I know it's provided by ASTRO, but how do we arrange a pickup?

Basically they run a loop. Should stop by your hotel every 15 min or 30 min or so during peak times, less often offpeak. You should get a list of the route pickup/dropoff points and schedule with your registration packet.