At school without PM&R dept. Which Sub-I?

Started by drg123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drg123

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I'm interested in applying to PM&R. I'm currently in a research year, and will go to MS4 in the Spring. My school doesn't have a PM&R dept. I will do an away rotation at a local school with a PM&R program, but I still need to do a Sub-I at my home institution. Nearly every dept. has a Sub-I. I was thinking Internal Medicine, but I'm wondering if I should consider something else. I was thinking maybe Neurology. What would you recommend? I like the nervous system and my research is neuro-related, so it'd be a good fit. But maybe IM would be better generally to prepare me for residency. Do PM&R programs care about which non-PM&R sub-I one does?
 
We didn't have a pm&r department at my school either and it didn't matter at all which sub-i I did. I would do whichever one is considered the easiest to be honest. Was never talked about during my interviews. Everyone is pretty much in the same boat intern year and you figure it out. Seriously doubt having a harder sub-i would have changed that or prepared me differently for pm&r.
 
We didn't have a pm&r department at my school either and it didn't matter at all which sub-i I did. I would do whichever one is considered the easiest to be honest. Was never talked about during my interviews. Everyone is pretty much in the same boat intern year and you figure it out. Seriously doubt having a harder sub-i would have changed that or prepared me differently for pm&r.
Thanks. I'll look into it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad