AT Still Interview 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Repeatedbouteffect

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am making a thread for the 2015-2016 cycle to discuss about the interview process for AT Still University and if there are any questions about stats or the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am making a thread for the 2015-2016 cycle to discuss about the interview process for AT Still University and if there are any questions about stats or the school.
Did you get an interview??

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application on 8-16-15. I believe you will hear back from them soon.

repeatedbouteffect good luck on your interview. Please share how your phone interview went as I have one soon also

Reactions: 1 user
I just finished my phone interview just a few minutes ago and as stated throughout the forum, the interview is laid-back.
Here is a list of questions the interviewer asked me:
  1. Please talk a little bit about yourself that is or is not reflected in your application?
  2. Why did you pick AT Still university?
  3. Can you give me an instance where you encountered a stressful situation and please describe how you handled it?
  4. How would you interact in a team setting such as working with OTs, PTs, PTAs, PAs, ARNP and MD/DO?
  5. We encounter a diverse population, please tell me how you would present yourself if a client had a cultural or religious barrier?
  6. How would you provide customer service to your patients?
  7. What classes did you find most rewarding in your undergraduate degree? (this one might be specific to each student)
  8. Please describe your communicate skills?
  9. Lastly, do you have any questions about our program?
This interview lasted about 45 minutes and after the first few minutes your anxiety slowly washes away and you should feel very comfortable talking to the interviewer.

Best of luck to all

I just finished my phone interview just a few minutes ago and as stated throughout the forum, the interview is laid-back.
  1. Please talk a little bit about yourself that is or is not reflected in your application?
  3. Can you give me an instance where you encountered a stressful situation and please describe how you handled it?
  4. How would you interact in a team setting such as working with OTs, PTs, PTAs, PAs, ARNP and MD/DO?
  5. We encounter a diverse population, please tell me how you would present yourself if a client had a cultural or religious barrier?
  7. What classes did you find most rewarding in your undergraduate degree? (this one might be specific to each student)
This interview lasted about 45 minutes and after the first few minutes your anxiety slowly washes away and you should feel very comfortable talking to the interviewer.

Best of luck to all
Do you mind sharing your stats please?

University: Florida Atlantic University
Major: Exercise Science
PTCAS Overall GPA: 3.39 (Highest grade 3.6)
PTCAS Pre-Req GPA: 3.06 (Highest grade GPA- 3.7)
GRE: 147 V / 152 Q / 4.0 W

Extra-Curric: 5 Years experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, amateur power lifter, 350 hours as a research assistant, volunteer at pediatric OT clinic, volunteer at Muscular Dystrophy Association camp, Health Coach at detox clinic

Volunteer: 50 hours in outpatient sports clinic, 350 hours in outpatient rehab clinic

do you guys think it's too late to submit an application given interviews are already taking place?

It depends on muiltpe factors such as investment to send out GRE, PTCAS app, and secondary app. Also consider that this school is rolling admissions, what classes you still need and the schools requirements. I will not tell you to not apply but to weigh all options. I hope this helped.

Best of luck to all
Just finished my phone interview. Received the same questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, I am glad you finished your interview. Post if and when you get accepted. Best of luck

Still haven't received any notification on whether I was accepted wait listed or rejected. I hope I hear back soon.

If you meet the schools requirements, I would still apply. From what I have read from their website they reserve up to 35 seats for select schools around the country but that deadline is 12-1-15. Once that deadline is past, I assume that those slots will open up for people in wait-list. Also from previous forums some students jump ship to other schools from November to February.

Thanks for the info Repeatedbouteffect!

I still haven't heard anything. I called them and they said my application is under review. My supplemental application was recieved on 08/25/2015. Has there been many acceptances already?

I still haven't heard anything. I called them and they said my application is under review. My supplemental application was recieved on 08/25/2015. Has there been many acceptances already?

Im on the same boat as you. My supplemental was received 9/29 and still nothing :/ best of luck to you!

Im on the same boat as you. My supplemental was received 9/29 and still nothing :/ best of luck to you!

Have you heard anything? All my stuff was received 9/28 and I haven't heard anything. I am a little worried and surprised because I felt as though I was VERY competitive for this school based on my stats. I just emailed them to check-in.

Have you heard anything? All my stuff was received 9/28 and I haven't heard anything. I am a little worried and surprised because I felt as though I was VERY competitive for this school based on my stats. I just emailed them to check-in.
Nope still nothing. I thought I would hear back fast from them with their rolling admissions but guess not. I called them last week and they said it could take 6-8 weeks. Guess we just have to remain patient :bored:

Same here. Called them and they said it can take 4-8 more weeks

Hello,

All who are waiting for responses, there will be movement with available seats from November to January.

Did they notify you of this interview by phone or by email?

I got an email with login information and a choice between a phone interview or on campus interview. From what the email states it does not matter which one you pick they look at them both equally.

I got the same email regarding interview options today. But it's for 'conditional acceptance pending an open seat'.

I just got an email back from Whitney Williams and she stated there is no movement yet on the wait-list.

Is anyone going to the October 30th interview? or November 13th?

I got the same email regarding interview options today. But it's for 'conditional acceptance pending an open seat'.
oh wow interesting. so I guess they are full then??

Just got accepted yesterday! Anyone else here back yet?

Thank God! i just finished my interview i am keep going for interview from last month so then i finally got that what i want.

Does anyone know around how many spots get pulled from the wait list each year?

Congrats on the acceptance, by any chance were you on waitlist or part of the Articulation Agreements?
I was part of the Articulation Agreements through Truman State University!

I heard there was an over abundance of applicants this years, which may be why they are wait listing so many people.

I was part of the Articulation Agreements through Truman State University!

I heard there was an over abundance of applicants this years, which may be why they are wait listing so many people.
By any chance did you do a phone interview or an on campus one? If you did an campus interview were there other applicants that were part of the Articulation Agreement?

By any chance did you do a phone interview or an on campus one? If you did an campus interview were there other applicants that were part of the Articulation Agreement?

I interviewed over the phone the first week of November!

Thank you!
Has anyone had the chance to visit their campus yet?
If so, thoughts?

I just got accepted yesterday! :) is there a page for accepted students?

I interviewed at the campus and it looked very nice and new.

Anybody know if they're still interviewing??

Does anyone know if they are still conducting interviews?