AT Still Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leah821

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just offered an interview at AT Still! Does anyone have advice on how the interview was and what questions to expect?

Also, which did you do the phone interview or the campus interview?

Thanks so much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Leah, Is your interview at the Arizona campus? I've applied at AT Still Mesa and the silence from them since I completed my seconday application has been.... well.... deafening. :(

Has AT Still had any interviews yet? Mine is on campus on January 28th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ptootles- Don't worry because I applied and did my secondary back in October. It has taken them a very long time and they finally offered me either a phone interview this Friday or the campus one on the 28th.

Neb19- Yes AT Still has been having interviews for the past few months I believe. They informed me that they will keep interviewing until their class is full. I'm sure they will have more interviews in February as well.

Hey I interviewed back in December. I thought the interview was very low stress, they basically want to know a little bit about your background and how you work with people different from yourself. And the good thing is you find out a few weeks later regarding your admission status.

Hi guys,

I got an email this morning with an interview offer. I scheduled it for the end of the month. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for me?

What did you guys think of the school/ program?

Good luck!:)

Hey everyone! Just checking to see if anyone else is still waiting to hear from AT Still. I haven't heard a word since I submitted my secondary application. I called and asked and they said they were still hanging onto my application for review. I asked if that was the equivalent as being waitlisted and they said no, just want more time to review my file. Anyone else get this response?

Yes, I sent my secondary application in the beginning of February and they "reviewed" my application for 2 months. I just got a letter stating that they have a full class and an extensive wait-list already. They encouraged me to reapply next year...so I think I applied too late :(

Hi guys,

I got an email this morning with an interview offer. I scheduled it for the end of the month. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for me?

What did you guys think of the school/ program?

Good luck!:)
KBELL
So how did the interview go? Where are you going to attend? I am in AZ and there are only 3 accred. programs out of 4 here. AT Still is at the top of my list. I have visited all 4 programs. Want in for 2012.

Hey I interviewed back in December. I thought the interview was very low stress, they basically want to know a little bit about your background and how you work with people different from yourself. And the good thing is you find out a few weeks later regarding your admission status.

So Miami, did you get accepted at AT Still? Where are you going to attend?

Litlwarrior08 - you say you have visited all four in AZ, what did you think about Franklin Pierce? I am in AZ too and it looks like FP is the cheapest next to NAU, but I hear it doesn't have the greatest campus or resources. What was your impression? I also heard they have plans to build a new campus within the next year or two, can you confirm that?

ammonihah99, they told me this spring when I was there that they hope to be in new place for the entering class of 2012 and start in Aug instead of June. They were looking at something near Camelback and the 101. Building already is there. Currently they are in a few office spaces south of the 101 out in Goodyear. They do labs at Glendale CC. look up ptootles she just started at FP. I was not impressed, except for the smallness of the classes and labs, and possible close relationships with staff and peers. A 2rd year student gave us a tour and we met w/ the admission person. Very comfortable feel. They were moving classes and lounges around for a different set up. It was break between quarters.
Where are you going to school now? Are you looking to stay in state?

Thanks for the info, that helps. When it gets closer to application time I'll definitely take the tour.

Right now I'm at MCC just finishing up the AA getting ready to transfer to ASU using the MAPP program into kinesiology. I have kids so I would like to stay here if possible to be by family. I never say never . . . but the only way I would consider moving out of state would be for Army Baylor because they pay for everything and they pay you salary to go to school. Being a family man and getting into PT so late in the game, financial considerations are first, so NAU is top of the list because it's the cheapest in state, then FPU. I would love to go to AT Still but it is SO expensive. I'm just not sure I can justify it. It would be so convenient though, only 10 mins away. I'll apply to all in the state, and Baylor, and then we'll go from there, can't really make any concrete decisions until I know who wants me.

Your plan sounds like mine. I am going to focus on ATSU in Mesa first, they have early acceptance. I am currently going to be finishing up my last year in Kin @ ASU. It is a good jumping point.

How have you liked the program? Do you feel it has done well preparing for PT school?

Of the majors that fit PT, I chose kinesiology over exercise science because I felt like it would prepare me better. Plus being a clinically obese exercise science graduate would make me a walking oxymoron. :laugh:

PT looks like it builds well on the Kin but can't say until I have that experience :-0 Not sure where to go w/ the degree if I don't get into PT. Thinking ++++++++

PT looks like it builds well on the Kin but can't say until I have that experience :-0 Not sure where to go w/ the degree if I don't get into PT. Thinking ++++++++
Kinesiology is a good prep for PT but I'm finding (after 4 weeks in DPT school) that we only scratched the surface in undergrad. Don't get me worng - my Kin B.S. was a good foundation but everything is so much more in-depth in the DPT program, not surprisingly. Also, I've heard people speak of a kinesiology degree as "non-terminal" meaning it really is intended to be a spring board to a higher level degree and profession and not necessarily something that you can use to get a job in the real world. I am guessing there are a lot of people with Kin degrees working in personal training and things like that but from what I have learned, that degree may not be a "leave undergrad and get a job for life" type of thing.

Looks like we are reading some of the same post :) about Kin. I figured the PT will be more indept I am sure I will be glad for the Kin background. Lots of other majors aren't really resume ready..... liberal arts, various subject areas w/o the teaching background...keeping my fingers crossed

Last edited:
Yeah, I understood it that way too, it's non-terminal. However, I did read somewhere that kinesiology majors can work as PE teachers, consultants for furniture manufacturers (making sure things are ergonomically friendly), rehab technicians (like cardiac rehab) and apparently if their employers don't require a certification they can even work as a PTA. But then again I read all of that on the internet, so a grain of salt comes with it.