• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

cherr1pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I am getting very close to depositing to UCLA and had one quick question. I was wondering if research is a mandatory requirement for graduation or anything like that at UCLA. I did do some research in undergrad but it wasn't the best experience I had and I just wanted to know whether I should prepare myself to do more research in DS. Thank you in advance & Happy Holidays!

odontastic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Research is not mandatory. I did research in undergrad too and learned that it wasn't for me and was upfront about it during the interview. Even if you wanted to specialize, you may even be able to avoid it if you are strong in other areas like rank, service, or leadership. However, you will be reading and analyzing research papers to help you make the best decisions and forced to do EBD.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.