Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My foster kitten is... weird, in a word. She's 6 weeks, has stunted growth, a domed head, bug-eyed, small fontanelle, doesn't see well (can't track a rope on the ground.. but doesn't run into walls) and is generally ataxic (falls over easily, doesn't jump well). Several of the vets I work with think cerebral hypoplasia is possible... probably from the mama kitty having panleukopenia. I was just wondering if anyone has had cats like this, how they lived, etc. My vet has already tried to consult with an internal medicine vet and has offered blood work, MRI, x-rays, etc so I don't need a diagnostic plan... just stories 😳
A classmate is interested in adopting her... but before this neurologic/developmental thing was apparent. I just want to get an idea of more people's experience with this sort of condition.
By the way, she is able to eat by herself, clean herself, use the litterbox, etc but will need a little extra care for the rest of her life (or as best as vets/I can tell).
Thank you
A classmate is interested in adopting her... but before this neurologic/developmental thing was apparent. I just want to get an idea of more people's experience with this sort of condition.
By the way, she is able to eat by herself, clean herself, use the litterbox, etc but will need a little extra care for the rest of her life (or as best as vets/I can tell).
Thank you

) so I want to give him a fair idea of what adopting her will be like. Your 'genetic disaster' sounds like an awesome kitty -- do you know if there will be any long lasting effects from his hips? It just sounds so amazing

