Athletic Training and Physical Therapy Application Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sycamores94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Where should I put my Athletic Training hours that I have obtained during the last three years. Also, would all Athletic Training classes be classified as movement science?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you being an AT was a job it would be under "work". If you were a student AT not receiving class credit then it would "extracurricular".

As for class classification, the PTCAS has definitions for classes. If you feel it's in the grey area, pick the designation you prefer. I am not sure it will really matter much to decision makers as it will be apparent that you put in a ton of hours being an AT.

If you being an AT was a job it would be under "work". If you were a student AT not receiving class credit then it would "extracurricular".

As for class classification, the PTCAS has definitions for classes. If you feel it's in the grey area, pick the designation you prefer. I am not sure it will really matter much to decision makers as it will be apparent that you put in a ton of hours being an AT.

Thank you for the response! I am also wondering about clubs for extracurricular and what to put for the hours section. I am in quite a few clubs but have no idea what I should be putting for total hours and hours logged per week averages. I also cannot decide on whether to put all community service from my school as one group and list the total hours with this and not separately. If you have any clarification, that would be great and if not thanks anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the response! I am also wondering about clubs for extracurricular and what to put for the hours section. I am in quite a few clubs but have no idea what I should be putting for total hours and hours logged per week averages. I also cannot decide on whether to put all community service from my school as one group and list the total hours with this and not separately. If you have any clarification, that would be great and if not thanks anyway.

Just think about how you want to present the information and how the admission personnel will view it... Do you want them to see a really long list of activities or a few really memorable activities. I always favor being memorable. If I was giving a long list of activities I would probably turn the page rather quickly. It's your choice either way, that's just my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
For the most part I feel like the extracurriculars section doesn't affect your chances at most schools significantly anyway, so I wouldn't get too neurotic about it. As for entering your coursework and other details, just follow the PTCAS instruction manual as best you can and you will be just fine.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users