Athletic Training: Medically related experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lesbonstempsrouler

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here is a question I am facing in the Iowa secondary:
Provide a numbered list and very brief description of medically related experiences (paid or volunteer), including total hours, in which you have participated over the past 5 years.

I was a student athletic trainer in college. Does that count as a medically related experience?
 
I feel like if it were a more involved program where the student works with ortho/peds/PT it could count, right?

As part of my training job in undergrad ~1/3 of the time was spent in OR/clinic of university's hospital w/ ortho sports division. I didn't count that as clinical exp. but I feel like going either way on that could be ok.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was only working with the ATCs and the athletes. Most of what I was doing was very simple PT.
I feel like if it were a more involved program where the student works with ortho/peds/PT it could count, right?

As part of my training job in undergrad ~1/3 of the time was spent in OR/clinic of university's hospital w/ ortho sports division. I didn't count that as clinical exp. but I feel like going either way on that could be ok.