athletic training

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chunkyelephant

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got a job at my school as atheltic trainer. I would be covering practice and if something were to happen I would be able to do basic first aid. However, I was wondering if that would be clinical at all and if it would be considered leadership if covering practices by myself. Is it worth it ?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say no for clinical. You're not training patients in a rehab unit of the hospital, which would be ideal for clinical.

I'd say yes for leadership/teaching

Def no for clinical. Maybe for leadership depending on the actual work. I'd lean towards no though

Reactions: 1 user
So I got a job at my school as atheltic trainer. I would be covering practice and if something were to happen I would be able to do basic first aid. However, I was wondering if that would be clinical at all and if it would be considered leadership if covering practices by myself. Is it worth it ?
NOT clinical. You're not dealing with patients.

And leadership???? *sigh* Yet another reason explaining why there's a CARS section on MCAT

lead·er·ship
/ˈlēdərˌSHip/

noun

1. the action of leading a group of people or an organization.
    "different styles of leadership"

Similar:
    guidance, direction, authority, control, management, superintendence, supervision, organization, government, orchestration, initiative, influence

the state or position of being a leader.
    "the leadership of the party"

Similar:
    headship, directorship, direction, governorship, governance, administration, jurisdiction, captaincy, superintendency
    control, rule, command, power; the leaders of an organization, country, etc.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users