Atlanta CS hotels

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinesinger

Born-again Yankee
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, where is the best place to stay in Atlanta for CS? Something reasonably priced and close to the testing center would be great...can anyone help?

On another note, does anyone else think it might be helpful to have a sticky with hotel information/reviews for the CS testing centers? Since the vast majority of us live far enough away from them to need to stay overnight, it seems like a lot of people are going to be looking for some info on this topic...

Members don't see this ad.

Pinesinger said:
Hey y'all, where is the best place to stay in Atlanta for CS? Something reasonably priced and close to the testing center would be great...can anyone help?

On another note, does anyone else think it might be helpful to have a sticky with hotel information/reviews for the CS testing centers? Since the vast majority of us live far enough away from them to need to stay overnight, it seems like a lot of people are going to be looking for some info on this topic...

The cheapiest is the RAMADA INN = $59 / night

-1 minute walk to the center (but there is no walkway. You have to walk on the grass.

-The airport shuttle service is bad (not on time).

-Big and comfortable rooms-stay at the 6th floor (great view of the airport).

-Next to a food source...MacDonalds (the only food source in that area).

This is the link:
http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=01441&brandInfo=RA

On the other hand there is the Country Inn = 79 / night (you have to call them to get that fair...ask for the USMLE CS SPECIAL).

-Closer to the center.

-Much better Airport shuttle service.

-Far away from the only resturant in the area...MacDonalds.

This is their link:
http://www.countryinns.com/hoteldir...eference.do?locationUni=83&dno=07280607300610

Other hotels in the area-in front of Ramada Inn:

-Best Western = 80.10 / night.

-Days Inn = 63.75 / night

Good Luck!

Leukocyte said:
The cheapiest is the RAMADA INN = $59 / night

-1 minute walk to the center (but there is no walkway. You have to walk on the grass.

-The airport shuttle service is bad (not on time).

-Big and comfortable rooms-stay at the 6th floor (great view of the airport).

-Next to a food source...MacDonalds (the only food source in that area).

This is the link:
http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=01441&brandInfo=RA

On the other hand there is the Country Inn = 79 / night (you have to call them to get that fair...ask for the USMLE CS SPECIAL).

-Closer to the center.

-Much better Airport shuttle service.

-Far away from the only resturant in the area...MacDonalds.

This is their link:
http://www.countryinns.com/hoteldir...eference.do?locationUni=83&dno=07280607300610

Other hotels in the area-in front of Ramada Inn:

-Best Western = 80.10 / night.

Good Luck!

Atlanta 12.6 REPRESENT

I stayed at the Country Inn Hotel when i took the test in Feb of 2006.

I could see the CS center from my room. It was 1-2 minute walk.
You have to tell them that you are staying for the CS and they will give you the discount for a rate of 59 dollars per night.

When I was there the hotel restaurant was close or they dont have one ( I dont rememeber, i just remember ordering food to nearby restaurants), so you have to order food to nearby restaurants, the hotel gives you a list with discount of about 4-5 places. NO BK, MCdonalds or fast food rest. in walking distance

They have a room for breakfast (baggles, coffee, juice etc etc)

the shuttle only takes like 5 minutes from the airport to hotel.

Pretty nice and clean rooms. Microwave and little refrigerator in room.

I went there because of the location in regards to the CS building.

Members don't see this ad :)
I pricelined it and got a room at the Marriot for $50. It was only a few minutes away from the center by car.

I stayed at the Days Inn. I wouldn't recommend it. I was not impressed with the cleanliness, the noise of others staying there, the staff or the security. I would avoid this place.