Atlanta Dental Anesthesia Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

star2007

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are hiring an anesthesiologist for pediatric dental sedation for multiple offices in Atlanta, GA. It's healthy children only, no call, no weekends, no holidays. The average work hours is 6 1/2 to 7hours.

Job Types: Full-time or Part-time

Pay: $2,500.00 per day plus production bonuses

Members don't see this ad.

Why do kids need sedation? My dad was a dentist for 50+ years and never needed an anesthesiologist or CRNA to work. I just dont get it.

Reactions: 3 users
Why do kids need sedation? My dad was a dentist for 50+ years and never needed an anesthesiologist or CRNA to work. I just dont get it.

There are plenty of kiddos out there that won't tolerate office based cleanings/extractions/etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kids these days😀🤪🤪. But honestly at least they are looking for professionals instead of doing it themselves and offing a few here and there!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I often wonder this. My youngest brother ended up with 4 root canals at 4 years old (he learned if he wet the toothbrush, he didn't have to brush his teeth because my mom thought he did it), he also threw all the fluoridated vitamins under the bed. My mom then started watching him brush his teeth instead of trusting him. He had no sedation for the procedure and did fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Plenty of kids do fine without it. Those kids don't get sedation. Some kids do not and require sedation for many different reasons. Some kids end up traumatized even into adulthood without it. I know adults who can't tolerate a dental cleaning due to PTSD. Luckily patients have options now. We have medical advances and find better ways of doing things.

Reactions: 1 users
We are hiring an anesthesiologist for pediatric dental sedation for multiple offices in Atlanta, GA. It's healthy children only, no call, no weekends, no holidays. The average work hours is 6 1/2 to 7hours.

Job Types: Full-time or Part-time

Pay: $2,500.00 per day plus production bonuses
2500 per day for a doc???? Please tell me the anesthesia market hasn’t crashed!

Reactions: 2 users
It depends how fast-paced it is.
This is so true especially in pediatrics. I have worked with dental kids before and would do it again if there was no production pressure. Trying to rush to wake up kiddos from GA who are always snotty sucks. Doing this at the surgicenter verses the dental center would likely be quite different.

But he or she is asking for just sedation? As in light sedation? Or deep sedation to GA with no airway like dentist anesthesiologists like to do with a throat pack? Hmm.....

Reactions: 1 user
This is so true especially in pediatrics. I have worked with dental kids before and would do it again if there was no production pressure. Trying to rush to wake up kiddos from GA who are always snotty sucks. Doing this at the surgicenter verses the dental center would likely be quite different.

But he or she is asking for just sedation? As in light sedation? Or deep sedation to GA with no airway like dentist anesthesiologists like to do with a throat pack? Hmm.....

There's no way I would do this without a nasal tube. And these kids still laryngospasm, bleed, etc. It's a nightmare.

Reactions: 4 users
In residency , most of the patients that underwent sedation for these dental cases were mentally challenged.