Atlanta programs

Started by sooners12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sooners12

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any thoughts on the Emory or Mercer programs from current/previous students or anyone who has applied? (Pros/Cons, stats, faculty, etc)

I came across a couple posts on the forum from a few years ago but I'm looking for some pointers that are a little more current.
 
The school was accredited just two years ago but I was impressed with Mercer's program. The facility is new, the class size is small, the faculty have years of experience, and everything is in one spot: lecture hall, administration, cadavers lab. Emory is really expensive from what hear, while Mercer's tuition is more in line with other private schools. Mercer is also in a great part of Atlanta.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I attend emory right now, and it is ~$31K a year not including your living expenses. that's tuition alone. it's acutally pretty cheap if you compare to other schools. Not sure what Mercer is but other schools I had applied to when I was an applicant MGH Was $36K, temple out of state was $37, florida out of state was $33K, so it's pretty reasonable in my opinion
 
Mercer was pretty affordable if I remember correctly... I seriously considered attending there 2 cycles ago and (if I remember right) tuition for the 3 years was about $75K without living expenses