Atlantic Bridge - Applied in March

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idesofmarch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I found out about the the Atlantic Bridge Program (ABP) in early March, received the application form shortly after, and submitted my package on March 15.

I'm currently in university in Canada and graduated from high school a number of years ago. My high school grades were acceptable (grade 12 average over 90% including sciences) and university grades cover both extremes of the bell curve. I would consider my extra-curricular activities above-average, including leadership positions and research experience, etc. I'm quite confident about the strength of my reference letters.

As I have not written the MCAT, I applied for six-year programmes at University College Dublin (UCD), National University of Ireland Galway (NUIG), and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI).

Is there anyone else here with experiences of late ABP applications? I don't suppose there are applications as late as mine? :laugh:

Here's hoping for a survivable outcome. For those of you stressing out over news of interviews/offers, worry not, for you are leagues ahead of the game.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I found out about the the Atlantic Bridge Program (ABP) in early March, received the application form shortly after, and submitted my package on March 15.

I'm currently in university in Canada and graduated from high school a number of years ago. My high school grades were acceptable (grade 12 average over 90% including sciences) and university grades cover both extremes of the bell curve. I would consider my extra-curricular activities above-average, including leadership positions and research experience, etc. I'm quite confident about the strength of my reference letters.

As I have not written the MCAT, I applied for six-year programmes at University College Dublin (UCD), National University of Ireland Galway (NUIG), and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI).

Is there anyone else here with experiences of late ABP applications? I don't suppose there are applications as late as mine? :laugh:

Here's hoping for a survivable outcome. For those of you stressing out over news of interviews/offers, worry not, for you are leagues ahead of the game.

I have similar credentials as you except I have a degree. Don't worry, we will find out soon. You are not alone!

Tachyon, many thanks for your encouraging words! The same to you. I would have probably done the undergrad + prereqs + MCAT and then MPH route had I not looked deeper into a European education.

Milo19, yes, without a doubt! Now I'm just thinking about summer travelling plans to keep my mind from wandering back onto the admissions process. It's a worthy battle, my friend!

Last edited:
Tachyon, many thanks for your encouraging words! The same to you. I would have probably done the undergrad + prereqs + MCAT and then MPH route had I not looked deeper into a European education.

Milo19, yes, without a doubt! Now I'm just thinking about summer travelling plans to keep my mind from wandering back onto the admissions process. It's a worthy battle, my friend!

Hello
I know it's been 4-5 years but I applied to the ABP in March too and my application completed on March 31st of this year.
I'm just wondering if you get into the school you want? :)