Atlantic Bridge Program - Nov 15th deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

binghamtonu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone send in their resume with the application? I was questioning how appropriate this would be.

Members don't see this ad.

binghamtonu said:
Did anyone send in their resume with the application? I was questioning how appropriate this would be.

OF COURSE...why wouldn't you want to send in your resume with your app?...the more information they have about you, the better (in my opinion)...this way, they get to see if you have any work experience and what your life is like OUTSIDE the school environment...I even put some of my hobbies and interests on my resume.

That's my 2 cents.

aks47

P.S. Good luck to all

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely agree - the more information the better. However, I spoke to an advisor at my school who said it was unprofessional to send my CV since I have never left school and have mentioned my most pertinent experiences in my essay already. I don't want to be redundant! In addition, one of my LOR'S is from a major work experience.

My gut instinct has been telling me to send it on - I might just go ahead and add it to my application. Thanks for the input.

binghamtonu said:
I completely agree - the more information the better. However, I spoke to an advisor at my school who said it was unprofessional to send my CV since I have never left school and have mentioned my most pertinent experiences in my essay already. I don't want to be redundant! In addition, one of my LOR'S is from a major work experience.

My gut instinct has been telling me to send it on - I might just go ahead and add it to my application. Thanks for the input.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but the deadline for the ABP Application was Nov. 15. I know that you can still send in your app past this date (with a $25 fee...I think). Just thought I'd inform you just in case.

Good luck.

- Aks47

Now, this was several years ago, but I can't imagine it would have changed. I emailed and asked them specifically whether I should attach my cv (i was too lazy to fill in the answer lines regarding research, extracurriculars, etc. b/c it was all in my cv anyway). They said Yes, they preferred a cv attached. So go ahead and send it in.

leorl - thanks so much! I will revise it this weekend:)

aks - yes i am aware....that's why i made my title "nov 15th deadline." I had my application completed a while ago. it's just that once the deadline came up in my planner I started over-analyzing all over again!!

after you have the essentials in you can send in the extra's you need (i checked with louis and it's also in the faq's)