ATSU/com-mesa??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOMb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, any info on com-mesa ???? jus got a secondary from them and was wondering what the 411 was on their school was...

Members don't see this ad.

When did you get a secondary?

wow you actually got a secondary, they just told to go online to their website and "find" it, they start interviewing probably middle of december..... i think....

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a secondary about two weeks ago... and submitted the secondary on 11/1/06. But they are taking a long time to get things done. Which makes me question how ready the school is gonna be to have their first class!

It's good to see that they are finally getting things rolling, but my question is...why did you apply to the school if you knew nothing about them? You should go to the website and research or call the school and ask questions.

Agreed. They have some strict characteristics they are looking for in their new class. For example, they only want students that are interested in primary care. Also, after only 2 semesters in Mesa the students are transfered to public health clinics around the U.S.

I got a secondary about two weeks ago... and submitted the secondary on 11/1/06. But they are taking a long time to get things done. Which makes me question how ready the school is gonna be to have their first class!

Hmmm....That's interesting because I called on Friday and they told me they haven't given out secondaries invites yet. They said they were going to download the info from AACOMAS this weekend and send invites out sometime next week. Unless the admissions counselor was not informed, something is a miss here.

:clap: I got an official secondary request email last night from them! :clap:
For those of you who applied to both kirksville and mesa, pay attention because they did change the application slightly, also the essay questions are different. Good luck everyone!

Let the interviews begin!:thumbup:

I thought I would never hear from them again, but I got the secondary tonight aswell! Now how long do you think it will take them to start interviewing!

Just to prove to you guys I received my secondary on 10/30/06 and submitted it on 11/1/06. I dont understand why the Mesa school staff is so confused. Im telling you guys... I have a bad feeling about that school! THEY JUST DON'T SEEM READY!

Secondary Application Status
Welcome, ! Thank you for checking the status of your application. At this time, the following items have/have not been received:

Secondary Application: Received on Received on 11/1/2006
Evaluation I: Received on 9/25/2006
Evaluation II: Received on 9/25/2006
Date Most Recent MCAT Taken: Received on 8/1/2006
Payment: Not yet processed

Once complete, your application will be forwarded to the Screening Committee for a decision regarding on-campus interviews. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

Please note that evaluations will not be indicated as received until approximately 24-48 hours after the secondary application has been processed.

If you have any questions regarding your application, we encourage you to contact the Office of Admissions at

Just to prove to you guys I received my secondary on 10/30/06 and submitted it on 11/1/06. I dont understand why the Mesa school staff is so confused. Im telling you guys... I have a bad feeling about that school! THEY JUST DON'T SEEM READY!

Secondary Application Status
Welcome, ! Thank you for checking the status of your application. At this time, the following items have/have not been received:

Secondary Application: Received on Received on 11/1/2006
Evaluation I: Received on 9/25/2006
Evaluation II: Received on 9/25/2006
Date Most Recent MCAT Taken: Received on 8/1/2006
Payment: Not yet processed

Once complete, your application will be forwarded to the Screening Committee for a decision regarding on-campus interviews. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

Please note that evaluations will not be indicated as received until approximately 24-48 hours after the secondary application has been processed.

If you have any questions regarding your application, we encourage you to contact the Office of Admissions at

It is not your imagination, I think that most of us here at SDN that have been watching this school are questioning whether they will actually open this cycle. I did talk to the one of the admission people at the school about that and she said that if something like the school not opening does happen, that we will get our money back or our money will be forwarded for us to use in the next cycle (2008). I am not sure if they are having construction hold ups maybe? When I went there for the open house they hadn't built much of the medical school fascilities yet. :confused:

well i wrote them an email on Friday about the interviews. I told them that they already had all my documents, including secondary. They replied saying they MIGHT start interviews in December, and that it might take a while for them to GET MY AACOMAS application... what kindda crap is that??? My AACOMAS app... that was done long time ago! Yeah, they are defenately having some problems! Thats too bad bc I really like that area!

well i wrote them an email on Friday about the interviews. I told them that they already had all my documents, including secondary. They replied saying they MIGHT start interviews in December, and that it might take a while for them to GET MY AACOMAS application... what kindda crap is that??? My AACOMAS app... that was done long time ago! Yeah, they are defenately having some problems! Thats too bad bc I really like that area!

Well, as far as the area goes it is nice but like I said above you only spend 2 semesters at the Mesa campus and then are assigned to a community public health clinic somewhere in the U.S..

Well, as far as the area goes it is nice but like I said above you only spend 2 semesters at the Mesa campus and then are assigned to a community public health clinic somewhere in the U.S..

Has anyone heard any more about what ten sites are going to be used and what states? The last I heard, they were going to have a finalized list in November.