ATSU DPT AZ interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jdtryon

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have my first interview after applying for my third time at A.T. Still in Arizona this Friday and I’m freaking out a bit. I already went and got a suit fitted and have been trying to prepare but would love some insight from anyone that may have gone through this interview process at this school already. Thank you so much in advanced.

Members don't see this ad.

When did you apply? Also good luck!

I interviewed there late last year. It’s laid back and very conversational. It starts with a tour around the campus, the interview is 1 on 1 with a faculty member and follows with a Q&A. Did you apply ED?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there late last year. It’s laid back and very conversational. It starts with a tour around the campus, the interview is 1 on 1 with a faculty member and follows with a Q&A. Did you apply ED?

I did not apply ED but heavily considered it. I did apply in the middle of July though. This is my third year applying and I really didn't want to hurt my odds at getting an interview this year by not applying to other schools just as early. I was rather surprised when I heard back from ATSU so early. I also got an interview at Midwestern in November. This is my very first DPT interview though and I am extremely nervous. Do you have any recollection of the types of questions they asked in your interview last year?

I did not apply ED but heavily considered it. I did apply in the middle of July though. This is my third year applying and I really didn't want to hurt my odds at getting an interview this year by not applying to other schools just as early. I was rather surprised when I heard back from ATSU so early. I also got an interview at Midwestern in November. This is my very first DPT interview though and I am extremely nervous. Do you have any recollection of the types of questions they asked in your interview last year?

Do you mind sharing your stats? I applied to both schools as well and am really anxious about whether I will hear back or not. I applied at the end of August so since it is rolling I think I will hear back next month if you have heard back recently.

Smart for getting it done early. This was 10 months ago so it’s tough to remember. I remember why A.T. Still and “how do you think grad school will differ from grad?” I wasn’t asked why I wanted to be a PT surprisingly. The faculty is very welcoming and will make the interview conversational. Don’t trip.

Reactions: 1 user
Smart for getting it done early. This was 10 months ago so it’s tough to remember. I remember why A.T. Still and “how do you think grad school will differ from grad?” I wasn’t asked why I wanted to be a PT surprisingly. The faculty is very welcoming and will make the interview conversational. Don’t trip.

Thank you so much!

Do you mind sharing your stats? I applied to both schools as well and am really anxious about whether I will hear back or not. I applied at the end of August so since it is rolling I think I will hear back next month if you have heard back recently.

Yes of course!

Cumulative GPA - 3.2
Prereq GPA - 3.8
GRE Quant- 153
GRE V- 152
GRE Writing- 4.0
Observation hours- About 750
PT tech- for about 8 months

The big thing for them was commitment to community service. Last year I applied ED and didn't get invited for an interview I asked what I could work on to improve my application and they told me I didn't include any experiences on my application. This was my own fault because I did not know where to place my volunteering hours at. I have plenty of different volunteer type experiences and I believe it was a big reason why they invited me for an interview.

Thank you for sharing! I have a similar pre req GPA, a lower GRE quant and verbal, but make up for it with a 3.7 cumulative GPA I think.

Also I got an email from AT Stills diversity team? I was wondering if anyone else got this email along with an email stating their materials were completed?

Yes of course!

Cumulative GPA - 3.2
Prereq GPA - 3.8
GRE Quant- 153
GRE V- 152
GRE Writing- 4.0
Observation hours- About 750
PT tech- for about 8 months

The big thing for them was commitment to community service. Last year I applied ED and didn't get invited for an interview I asked what I could work on to improve my application and they told me I didn't include any experiences on my application. This was my own fault because I did not know where to place my volunteering hours at. I have plenty of different volunteer type experiences and I believe it was a big reason why they invited me for an interview.
Have you heard back from them in regards to your interview?

I just heard back and I got an interview!!! I was wondering if anyone knows if I were to schedule my interview in December if that would be too late??

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t heard back yet but she did say they will let the first batch of interviews know by the 25th I believe. Did you guys interview on campus?

Current 2nd Year PT at ATSU. This forum helped me a great deal to get me where I am. I can help answer any questions you guys may have! Good luck! You guys are on the right track towards a terrific program!

I had my interview on 9/13 and I heard back yesterday and I have been accepted! I also applied with early decision and the priority consideration agreement, though, so I don't know if that made a difference in how soon I heard back. Good luck to you all! I'm so excited to start next July!

I will be interviewing on October 31st, via online. Can anyone give me insight into how the online interview differs from the on-campus interview? Also how that all works during the interview day? Like do they contact me? Is it via Skype? Will they let me know this information or should I call them.

I also had my interview on 9/13, and just got the email that I have been accepted! I did not apply early decision. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I also had my interview on 9/13, and just got the email that I have been accepted! I did not apply early decision. Good luck everyone!
Got my acceptance letter yesterday afternoon as well! Congratulations to you. I also was not an early decision candidate but I did apply early in the cycle.

I will be interviewing on October 31st, via online. Can anyone give me insight into how the online interview differs from the on-campus interview? Also how that all works during the interview day? Like do they contact me? Is it via Skype? Will they let me know this information or should I call them.
I’m not sure how the online interview differs from the on campus interview. I can tell you that the interview process was laid back and the faculty and students were all equally as awesome. Just be yourself and you’ll do great! Congrats on getting an interview!

If you get accepted how long do you have until you accept or deny your spot? Also, if you accept do you have to pay deposit right away?

Congratulations! Do you remember the questions you were asked?

I just heard back and I got an interview!!! I was wondering if anyone knows if I were to schedule my interview in December if that would be too late??

Congratulations! I was wondering how long after submitting your supplemental application you heard back regarding an interview? Thanks. :)

Edit: Ironically, I just received an interview invite. Ahhh! My first one. To help others, I submitted my supplemental around 9/6.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Do you remember the questions you were asked?
They only asked me about 5 questions. They were mostly situational based questions, like "Explain to me a stressful situation you went through, and how did you handle it?" They also asked me about communication skills. I'd suggest coming prepared with examples from observation/work/school that highlight your good qualities. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I was notified I would be interviewed by Dr. Cecelia Sartor-Glittenberg. Anyone have any advice or have interviewed with her before?

I was notified I would be interviewed by Dr. Cecelia Sartor-Glittenberg. Anyone have any advice or have interviewed with her before?

She is the head neuro rehab professor for the DPT program. Speak on professionalism and research some of her topics of research interest. If you have had any experience working with stroke or traumatic brain injury patients tells stories about those in your answers.

Reactions: 1 users
She is the head neuro rehab professor for the DPT program. Speak on professionalism and research some of her topics of research interest. If you have had any experience working with stroke or traumatic brain injury patients tells stories about those in your answers.

THANK YOU

Heard back from Midwestern today, and was waitlisted for an interview. Anyone else? Can I ask where I am on the list?

Heard back from Midwestern today, and was waitlisted for an interview. Anyone else? Can I ask where I am on the list?
I have an interview with them in November. I’m sure you can contact them and see where you stand on the waitlist!

I wonder how many rounds of interviews they do. I have to believe I will get off the waitlist at some point since I was waitlisted so early and their deadline is in December. I am staying hopeful and not worrying about it too much. I emailed them and they said they do not release numbers of where you fall specifically due to the ever-evolving list they keep appearing.

Hey guys! I actually applied to the DOT program and got accepted! I know its early on but if anyone is from out of state let me know! I will be moving to AZ mayish and will obviously be looking to get an apartment/house with Ot's/Pts!