Attempting to find a compounding formulation with extended BUD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Compoundingman1

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any free databases for compounding formulations? I am a 4th year pharmacy student currently on rotation and I am currently attempting to find a published formulation of magnesium oral solution that has data supporting BUD > 14 days. Our current compounded magnesium oral solution has a BUD of 14 days refrigerated due to USP 795 given that it is aqueous and does not contain preservative. Thank you all for your time.
 
Unfortunately, there are no free compounding databases. But, if you find anything please let us know. Good luck!

edit: also, you might want to include the form(s) of magnesium you’re interested in. I imagine a mag citrate recipe won’t be too useful.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad