attend SGU and apply to US med school at same time

Started by kdh1988
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kdh1988

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it bad to attend SGU this August, but also apply to some US Med schools (Texas med schools) and various other ones at the same time. So, if I got into a US med school, I would go next year and basically repeat Year 1 of medical school at the US Med school. If I don't, I will stay at SGU.

Do Admissions Committees look down upon this? I can't figure out why it would look bad...shows commitment to medicine, admissions can see SGU grades after one semester, already will know material etc.

What about going to SGU and applying after 1st year? Repeat 2 years of medical school at US med school.
 
You can. I am a first termer at SGU and three of my classmates so far have left the island recently after receiving acceptances from US and Canada. These three were my friends, there could have been more.
 
I am interested in this subject too
Did your friends told the US MD admission about SGU or they lied about it?

Thanks in advance

You can. I am a first termer at SGU and three of my classmates so far have left the island recently after receiving acceptances from US and Canada. These three were my friends, there could have been more.