Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I finished my first semester of the NSU MBS Program and it really messed up my GPA. It's only two semesters and my first semester grades were: A, A, A-, C, and C. I currently have a 3.15.
For my undergrad, I had a 3.18. This program just isn't helping me and I don't know what to do. I initially started the program wanting to attend DO school but now I'm wondering if I even still have hope for Podiatry because I'm interested in that too.

I haven't taken the MCAT yet, I am planning on taking it this summer.
My science GPA from undergrad was 3.2.

I wanted to apply this cycle for DO school and this upcoming cycle for Podiatry since it opens in August (wanted to apply in August so can be considered for early decision) but now I'm not sure if I should wait or not.

If anybody has any advice or from their experience can guide me a little, I'd really appreciate it.

And if I got a decent MCAT, should I apply to podiatrist schools when the cycle opens in August? Or wait after my fall semester hoping for a higher GPA? Any chance I should apply to DO school?

NOTE: For the classes I got a C in, I failed the midterms for those classes. That happened because of serious medical issues and I need multiple procedures and was told during the time of the exams, so I failed the midterms and missed assignments because I was really going through a lot of distress. I should've dropped those classes but I thought there was still hope.
I'm sorry that you're going through this. Unfortunately, this is precisely why it's important to have a great deal of introspection to ensure you're ready before starting an SMP, because it's high stakes.

I will leave others to comment on the podiatry process, but for MD/DO this is effectively the end of the road. Time to figure out plan B.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I figured as much. I really didn't expect the medical stuff to happen as the semester started in January and it started happening in March. I have a steep incline of an upward trend with my undergrad grades and ended my last semester with a 4.0 for that semester so I thought I was ready.
Thanks for the feedback! Will probably just focus on podiatry now.
Not a good situation to be in. This was your chance and you kinda dropped the ball (which you know). If you crush the MCAT, you MAY still have a shot at the newer DO schools...

Status
Not open for further replies.