Attention all South College DPT students/prospective students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aus_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently just got accepted to South College’s DPT Class of 2020 that is to begin this June. I’ve seen a couple threads about this program here but they are old so I’m not sure if what has been said is still true. One student said to not attend here because of their poor program. I haven’t been accepted anywhere else and I am kind of concerned about what I could possibly be getting myself into. Are there any students who are currently attending there who could give me any feedback? Are there any people who’ve accepted their offer of admission? Please let me know. I only have a few days to make a decision. Soon I’ll be back at square one once the application cycle starts over again since I haven’t been accepted anywhere else.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently just got accepted to South College’s DPT Class of 2020 that is to begin this June. I’ve seen a couple threads about this program here but they are old so I’m not sure if what has been said is still true. One student said to not attend here because of their poor program. I haven’t been accepted anywhere else and I am kind of concerned about what I could possibly be getting myself into. Are there any students who are currently attending there who could give me any feedback? Are there any people who’ve accepted their offer of admission? Please let me know. I only have a few days to make a decision. Soon I’ll be back at square one once the application cycle starts over again since I haven’t been accepted anywhere else.
This is my two cents so take it for what it’s worth. I am not attending South College or Baylor so I do not have insider information, but since you have not been accepted anywhere else you don’t really have much of a choice. I personally do not believe it is worth the gamble of reapplying again next year when nothing is guaranteed. You got into an accredited program, the validity and concept of South College/Baylor can be debated till we are blue in the face. But for you it’s your only option. Who you are as a student is just as important as the program, so if you’re driven enough then you have nothing to worry about!
But again, that’s just my two cents

Reactions: 1 user
OP, what did you end up doing? I have just received an interview from south college and have heard all of the criticism about the program. Looking for any feedback about the interview and the program specifically if you ended up going there

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, what did you end up doing? I have just received an interview from south college and have heard all of the criticism about the program. Looking for any feedback about the interview and the program specifically if you ended up going there
How did your interview go? Would you recommend applying to this program? I'm considering applying.

I currently work at a clinic that employs two licensed therapists who recently graduated from South College (in the past 1-2 years), plus an intern who currently attends. I read those same threads that you referred to and was skeptical of the program myself. After working alongside these PTs for nearly a year, I can say that they are very skilled and knowledgeable in the profession and have nothing but great things to say about the education they received. I even asked them about the negative feedback/reviews that others had and they pretty much said that it is what you make of it. So - take what you read with a grain of salt. Try and visit, find current students to chat with, etc. to get a real perspective on things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users