Attention members

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flampard

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please avoid to re-post ur DAT scores for the 100th time! If you've done well on ur DATs, good for u. post ur opinions and get it over with! Im sick of people trying to show off the lucky scores they get. When i aced my DAt, i did one post and that was it. the Insecurity level with some of these guys is unbelieveble! Just get on with ur lives, and ask ur moms to buy you candies for prize! Dont take it personal, but its time for some new stuff!!

Members don't see this ad.

please avoid to re-post ur DAT scores for the 100th time! If you've done well on ur DATs, good for u. post ur opinions and get it over with! Im sick of people trying to show off the lucky scores they get. When i aced my DAt, i did one post and that was it. the Insecurity level with some of these guys is unbelieveble! Just get on with ur lives, and ask ur moms to buy you candies for prize! Dont take it personal, but its time for some new stuff!!

posting the scores on here are some people's way of celebrating. you don't get the 16AA 17AA that averages out all those 21AA and 22AA that you see littered across these boards. I WANT MORE 16 AAs to speak up!

Next time you see a post that says "DAT DONE!!" with a :) next to it, don't click on it. You're not forced to read them. Just because people have scored higher than you doesn't mean they just got "lucky." Most of them have worked very hard to earn those scores and they're proud to show them off. If people's happiness makes you sick, I suggest you see a psychiatrist.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
posting the scores on here are some people's way of celebrating. you don't get the 16AA 17AA that averages out all those 21AA and 22AA that you see littered across these boards. I WANT MORE 16 AAs to speak up!

I would like to see more breakdowns overall, just because it's fun to look at them. But why 16AAs? What's helpful in that? (Not being sarcastic)

I would like to see more breakdowns overall, just because it's fun to look at them. But why 16AAs? What's helpful in that? (Not being sarcastic)

Post your 16 AAs and ask for help. It does more good than posting your 22s to gloat. For every 22AA that gets posted (and there are like 3 every day...), there's a 16AA out there that's too afraid to post. Shame...

Post your 16 AAs and ask for help. It does more good than posting your 22s to gloat. For every 22AA that gets posted (and there are like 3 every day...), there's a 16AA out there that's too afraid to post. Shame...

Oh okay. it wasn't clicking at first. People should post whatever they want, it's anonymous.

While its always nice to see how other people are doing, it's really irritating when someone with 0 post counts creates a thread about their amazing DAT scores...and then doesn't have the decency to respond to requests for a breakdown, study materials, etc. I've seen that a few too many times recently...I really think some people believe they deserve all our compliments without offering advice/tips to others. The best "DAT done" posts, IMO, come from the people who have been on the board for a while, lending and receiving help, and then come out of the whole excruciating process with great, well-earned scores and a thorough breakdown to boot.

lucky scores?????????????

luckily we ll become dentist...what say?

your mom still gives you candy...im sorry...not the case with us. :smuggrin:

I think it comes down to some people on here aren't very helpful members or dont care to help anyone else out but the majority of people on here are great people who are trying to help out in any way they can. I can see people's frustrations with some people on here but to post a thread telling people to not post scores doesn't achieve anything constructive. Just because you think something, doesnt always mean you should say it.

While its always nice to see how other people are doing, it's really irritating when someone with 0 post counts creates a thread about their amazing DAT scores...and then doesn't have the decency to respond to requests for a breakdown, study materials, etc. I've seen that a few too many times recently...I really think some people believe they deserve all our compliments without offering advice/tips to others. The best "DAT done" posts, IMO, come from the people who have been on the board for a while, lending and receiving help, and then come out of the whole excruciating process with great, well-earned scores and a thorough breakdown to boot.

Of the MANY people that post for the "first" time...Those people with 0 posts have created their 5th account. They just post their scores on a new account so that if they can keep some kind of anonymity. When you take the DAT, will you post your EXACT scores under your screen name? Whether you will or won't depends on what you say on a daily basis, how often you post, and what you have to lose if your identity is revealed. If I went on here and had 500+ posts, I too would create a new account to post my scores. Everyone is different though.

Oh but you're right about people begging for encouragement and not giving out any advice.

Of the MANY people that post for the "first" time...Those people with 0 posts have created their 5th account. They just post their scores on a new account so that if they can keep some kind of anonymity. When you take the DAT, will you post your EXACT scores under your screen name? Whether you will or won't depends on what you say on a daily basis, how often you post, and what you have to lose if your identity is revealed. If I went on here and had 500+ posts, I too would create a new account to post my scores. Everyone is different though.

Oh but you're right about people begging for encouragement and not giving out any advice.
"Identity Revealed?":laugh::laugh:
What are we? KGB agents?! We're all bunch of pre-dent students trying to make it through this horrible process and get into dental school. There's really no reason for people to go through the trouble of making 5 different accounts to protect their identity. We're posting DAT scores; it's not like we're breaking into CIA's mainframe!
Just relax you guys. People earn good DAT scores and they're happy about it. Honestly, if someone has studied 6-7 hrs a day for two months straight and has earned those scores, I personally think they have every right to show them off. Good for them. Others should look at them and become motivated to do just as well instead of getting all jealous and pissed off. There's a poster here who has taken the DAT 3x till he earned his amazing scores. Well good for him. As a matter of fact I think he needs to post his scores every day in bold print, so people learn not to give up after their first try!!

That's true...but after all this time on the boards, if I do well on the DAT, I will be more than happy to post my scores under my name and offer a full breakdown. If you guys don't see anything from me after July 22nd, that means I bombed it. :p

That's true...but after all this time on the boards, if I do well on the DAT, I will be more than happy to post my scores under my name and offer a full breakdown. If you guys don't see anything from me after July 22nd, that means I bombed it. :p

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing. :laugh:

And just to add my 2 cents. I love reading breakdowns and seeing what people are scoring on practice tests and comparing it to my progress. If people are scoring so high it gives me motivation to do as well as they did.

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing. :laugh:

And just to add my 2 cents. I love reading breakdowns and seeing what people are scoring on practice tests and comparing it to my progress. If people are scoring so high it gives me motivation to do as well as they did.

+1 :thumbup: