Attention: NOVA students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fkajoshaj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how much authority Fran has in terms of "putting in a good word for you" for your application? She is a very sweet lady and im sure she gets the vibe that im extremely devoted and anxious to start Optometry school ASAP. However, my application is not as competitive as the others. Overall GPA: 3.03 OAT: AA: 300 TS:320

By keeping a good relationship with Fran, do you think she will try to persuade the chairman of admissions to reconsider my application or am I completely out of luck at this point? lol I feel really bad right now, b/c I know that I am a completely different student than what my record shows. She told me that the 2008 class is 80% full. If anyone can answer my question, it would mean a lot to me, especially at a time like this. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Fran is helpful at doing whatever she can to help, but she is definately not one who does the decision making. She will however, take the time to sit with you and tell you where your strengths and weaknesses are and what you can do to improve your chances for the comittee. Just emailed her today actually and thanked her for all her help (even after the acceptance she made sure to give me information about housing and gave me another students information to contact about off campus housing, ect), but I also emailed her to let her know that I was giving up my seat so maybe you will recieve some good news in an email soon, good luck!

I highly doubt it DrRobs, I haven't even gotten an interview yet from any school :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Well then, what are your stats, PM me if you'd like to know about my experience.

and i mean if you have any stats outside the ones already posted