7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Was reading on the Tufts website and I would not be looking forward to this lol

Tufts Journal
March 2008

By Julie Flaherty

"No one likes a shot in the mouth, but can it be harder to give than to receive? Each January, second-year students at the School of Dental Medicine take a gentle stab at injecting their first local anesthetic, facing what Professor Morton Rosenberg calls the “most fearful procedure in dentistry.” The upside? They practice these injections on the most empathetic guinea pigs—each other."

http://tuftsjournal.tufts.edu/2008/03/features/03/

Ranelar

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Yea, saw this last spring when it was published :p I also heard lots of schools do this anyway.

About the Ads

klutzy1987

StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
New York
Status
Dental Student
Yup been that way in mostschools for years. Its supposedly a really funny day, when the entire class is walking around with numb faces for a day. Its even better whennthe person thats practicing on you is having a difficult time and keeps missing the nerve. You get so numb lol you cant talk for a week j/k:laugh:

ak47

flossy flossy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2007
the midwest
Status
Dental Student
Was reading on the Tufts website and I would not be looking forward to this lol

Tufts Journal
March 2008

By Julie Flaherty

"No one likes a shot in the mouth, but can it be harder to give than to receive? Each January, second-year students at the School of Dental Medicine take a gentle stab at injecting their first local anesthetic, facing what Professor Morton Rosenberg calls the “most fearful procedure in dentistry.” The upside? They practice these injections on the most empathetic guinea pigs—each other."

http://tuftsjournal.tufts.edu/2008/03/features/03/
this just made me really excited to start school in the fall!! :D

About the Ads