1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Attention Tufts Students

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by supraman, Dec 18, 2008.

1. supraman

supraman Boston Celtics
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Was reading on the Tufts website and I would not be looking forward to this lol

Tufts Journal
    March 2008

By Julie Flaherty

"No one likes a shot in the mouth, but can it be harder to give than to receive? Each January, second-year students at the School of Dental Medicine take a gentle stab at injecting their first local anesthetic, facing what Professor Morton Rosenberg calls the “most fearful procedure in dentistry.” The upside? They practice these injections on the most empathetic guinea pigs—each other."

http://tuftsjournal.tufts.edu/2008/03/features/03/

2. murff05

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I've heard a lot of schools do this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ranelar

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yea, saw this last spring when it was published :p I also heard lots of schools do this anyway.

4. klutzy1987

klutzy1987 StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yup been that way in mostschools for years. Its supposedly a really funny day, when the entire class is walking around with numb faces for a day. Its even better whennthe person thats practicing on you is having a difficult time and keeps missing the nerve. You get so numb lol you cant talk for a week j/k:laugh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ak47

ak47 flossy flossy
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    this just made me really excited to start school in the fall!! :D

6. Quattro DMD

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm excited for the nitrous, we get to do that too second semester of second year.