Attention Tufts Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was reading on the Tufts website and I would not be looking forward to this lol

Tufts Journal
March 2008

By Julie Flaherty

"No one likes a shot in the mouth, but can it be harder to give than to receive? Each January, second-year students at the School of Dental Medicine take a gentle stab at injecting their first local anesthetic, facing what Professor Morton Rosenberg calls the “most fearful procedure in dentistry.” The upside? They practice these injections on the most empathetic guinea pigs—each other."

http://tuftsjournal.tufts.edu/2008/03/features/03/

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard a lot of schools do this.

Yea, saw this last spring when it was published :p I also heard lots of schools do this anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup been that way in mostschools for years. Its supposedly a really funny day, when the entire class is walking around with numb faces for a day. Its even better whennthe person thats practicing on you is having a difficult time and keeps missing the nerve. You get so numb lol you cant talk for a week j/k:laugh:

Was reading on the Tufts website and I would not be looking forward to this lol

Tufts Journal
March 2008

By Julie Flaherty

"No one likes a shot in the mouth, but can it be harder to give than to receive? Each January, second-year students at the School of Dental Medicine take a gentle stab at injecting their first local anesthetic, facing what Professor Morton Rosenberg calls the “most fearful procedure in dentistry.” The upside? They practice these injections on the most empathetic guinea pigs—each other."

http://tuftsjournal.tufts.edu/2008/03/features/03/

this just made me really excited to start school in the fall!! :D

I'm excited for the nitrous, we get to do that too second semester of second year.