ATTN: AACOM applicants must read!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

WishUponAStar

Hello,

This is straight from AACOM via an email.
There is no need to be alarmed. There isn't anything to worry about with our online applications. There isn't anything to worry about with the Pen and Pencil applications either.

Good Luck,
W.

> We have not processed any applications yet, paper or on-line. Each of the
> processing steps must be done in batches. Generally, it takes a little time
> at the beginning of the application cycle before there are enough
> applications to begin processing and sending them out to the schools. We
> have not downloaded any on-line applications yet and I am not sure when that
> is scheduled to happen. Thank you for your patience.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing to worry about? There might be.

[This message has been edited by adismo (edited 07-24-2000).]

i also applied online, how come i didnt get any emails from them?

what is your authority to inform us online?

Members don't see this ad :)
That message I posted was from a Mrs. Goldstein who works at AACOM.

I emailed them and asked why my application hasn't been processed and if there was an unfair advantage to the people who applied via pencil and paper. I wanted to know if the people who applied "the old fashioned way" were going to be processed first. That was her response to me.

In *NO WAY* am I a representitive of AACOM. I was merely passing on the response I received to my question via an email.

Again, I stress I am "NOT" an AACOM representitive. If you don't want to believe that I received a response to my question from Mrs. Goldstein than that is well within your rights. Email AACOM and ask yourself.

W.

Originally posted by youngjock:
i also applied online, how come i didnt get any emails from them?

what is your authority to inform us online?

It's true about that post from AACOM. I sent out a message yesterday and got a very similar response this morning telling me that the apps haven't been downloaded. I'm just worried that it's been a month since the process started and it's difficult to believe they haven't processed any web-based apps.

I was in a big hurry when I sent my online applicatoin. If i knew that it was not gonna be processed soon, i would have worked on my personal statement a bit longer.

that sucks.

Hello All!

Just wanted you to know that I called aacomas this morning in regards to application processing. The woman I talked to said it would be yet another week or two before apps would be downloaded. Apparently, it has something to do with differences in this years app. She stressed that we are all in the same situation and not to worry about the delay...there will be no advantage for paper applicants.

good luck!

Man, this really sucks. I would be pissed if I (like, apparently all of you guys have) sent my app in June 1. Now, you have no advantage over the people who wait until mid-July. So much for all the "apply early" propaganda, huh? Maybe you should all demand some money back.
smile.gif

Thank God I don't have to deal with 'em this year.

Hrmmm...

Just because they are sending them a little later doesn't mean they won't send out the June 1rst apps first. They have to mail them in batches, so perhaps there will still be an advantage.

Take care,
W.

Well, the way I was reading it, they were waiting to fill their batches....i.e.-people applying later would be included in your batch.

Plus, once they get rolling, they'll probably push them out pretty fast, which should at least decrease the advantage of getting the app in June 1.

We can ask for some refund on the interest part.
smile.gif
how is that?

i have been thinking, is it possible that they are actually having some problems with the computer system?

Yeah I was thinkin the same thing...I don't wanna find out too late that my app has been lost or somethin.

I find it *very* difficult to believe that it is halfway through July and they don't have "enough" applications to send in a batch yet.

Perhaps they are trying to think of a tactful way to say "sorry, we snafu'ed. you will have to resubmit the paper app or re-do the online app."

Anyway, I am aggravated that I rushed my AACOMAS essay when there was nothing to rush for. I am also aggravated that most of my allopathic secondaries are on their way back to the schools and osteopathic schools haven't even received my primary yet.

Hello,

I sent AACOM an email requesting information on the status of my application. In a nutshell, I was told my application was now being processed and may still take a few weeks before it is sent to any schools.

There you have it.

W.

Has anyone got any secondaries from any schools?

are the paper applications being processed already?

I am not worried if the paper applications are not processed, either.

I am not sure if AACOMAS is really going that "slow". The TMDSAS (Texas) application service is on a similar timeline. I submitted my application for that service in early May. They stated last week that they are just now getting to the point where they are ready to forward the applications to the schools. Their application timeline began on 1 May and they only service ten schools.

So maybe AACOMAS is not really going that slow? Something to think about...

[This message has been edited by RDJ (edited 07-15-2000).]