Attn: Accepted Students - Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

placebo effect

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are accepted for 2005, when you wrote your personal statement, did you use it both for pharmcas and the individual school if they required one or did you write two different ones? To be more precise, this is directed to anyone accepted to University of Kentucky. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I only had to write a personal statement for PharmCAS. However, I would write two similar, yet different, personal statements if they needed one on PharmCAS and one sent in. Although I would also make a mental note that they are not being very efficient by making me write two personal statements when they can just get mine from PharmCAS.

In my application, my personal statements for Pharmcas and UK were pretty similar. The differences I had to make were due to the fact that the allotted space given by UK in which to type your personal statement is a smaller space than given by Pharmcas. However, in an email sent through the listserv for UK pre-pharmacy students, the Director of Recruiting stated that it was in fact okay for the same personal statement used in the Pharmcas application to be used for UK's supplemental.

For Mercer I didn't have to write another personal statement, but had to write an essay on why I wanted to go to that school. As to the other schools I applied to, none of them required another personal statement, though some did require essay responses to specific questions.